Aldeer.com

Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow?

Posted By: MC21

Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:04 PM

If so what's your strategy? And if you shoot one how quick are you going to get on the track?
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:23 PM

I been wresslin with the same question. At this point I figure I'm gonna go, We'll see how the weather looks when I wake up. If I shoot one I hope the dang things dies right in his tracks.

It'll all be a game time decision for me, including how to go about tracking a deer if I'm lucky enough to draw blood.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: jbatey1
It'll all be a game time decision for me, including how to go about tracking a deer if I'm lucky enough to draw blood.

X2
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:32 PM

I'm gonna give it a try myself. If it's coming a flood in the morning to hell with it

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:33 PM

Yeah I think I'm gonna go. Can't kill em from the couch. I reckon I'll just go sit in some white oaks and hope I can catch em cruising in between showers
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:58 PM

No way, I'm going.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

X2

You take the best possible shots you can get and concentrate hard when you aim. Don’t take an iffy shot in the rain.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:01 PM

Gonna be in the stand right after it stops. I've had good luck right after or between showers.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:04 PM

I've gotta work in the morning for a little while but I won't be far from my grandma's house. I'm going to take my stuff with me and go climb the killing tree just as soon as I can
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:09 PM

Heading to TN in the morning to scout some public land for a quota hunt I was drawn for Veterans Day weekend. I plan on being in the stand here in Bama tomorrow afternoon though.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:19 PM

Hoping it stops right at daylight
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:39 PM

I’m going to hold out and head in right after it stops, then sit the rest of the day if I can stand it.

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 08:41 PM

I don't think it's supposed to stop until 4 in my part of the state. Unfortunately I had already made plans for tomorrow night so I won't be able to hunt tomorrow after noon
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/27/17 10:00 PM

Ill be there til 9ish then ill be antiquing with the wife....i can hardly contain my excitement...yay
Posted By: BPro927

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/28/17 01:17 AM

I’ll be getting ou there at around 12, going to sit all day probably. I believe I am getting an upper respiratory infection. We will
See how I feel in the am.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/28/17 04:00 AM

Coming off a Mid, so I'll be off by 7. In the stand hopefully by 8.

Debating on hunting Wheeler 40 yards in, on a corner of a field (lots of traffic and multiple fresh rubs), or going in blind and hunting a creek on Redstone for the first time.

What do y'all think? I'll probably sit from 8-6:30.

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/28/17 04:04 AM

Coming down pretty good here right now. I think I'll let the heavy stuff pass and walk in at daylightish or when it starts letting up. I really wanted to be in the tree well before daylight, but I really don't wanna hike up a Mountain, set up or climb a tree in a downpour.

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/28/17 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: gcr0003

Debating on hunting Wheeler 40 yards in, on a corner of a field (lots of traffic and multiple fresh rubs), or going in blind and hunting a creek on Redstone for the first time.

I do like first time sits at new places. Seems like that's been the big boy messes up. Good luck either way!
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Who's hunting in the rain tomorrow? - 10/28/17 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: gcr0003

I do like first time sits at new places. Seems like that's been the big boy messes up. Good luck either way!

[img:left][/img]

Any thoughts on where to set up on this piece of land? Green is boundary. Blue is creek/water. Going in blind.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM