Aldeer.com

Dang hogs

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Dang hogs - 10/18/17 12:46 PM

Had a big lone boar come in yesterday evening put what looked to be a great shot on him at 18 yards quartering slightly away but I'm pretty sure I caught the shoulder on the off side because I only had about 12 inches of penetration. I gave him about 30 minutes before I climbed down and met up with dad. Dad saw the whole thing go down and agreed that the shot placement looked good. We slowly followed a the blood trail for about 100 yards until we got to the edge of a grown up pipeline. We stopped to get our bearings and started hearing labored breathing/gurgling from a briar patch about 15 yards away. It's probably important to mention that I left my light at home and dad's light had died so we were trailing with our cell phone lights. After a few minutes trying to decide what to do I went in after him with my 10mm. I could see him laying on his side about 5 yards away with the arrow about middle ways up and 4 inches behind the shoulder. I was lining up the shot with my 10mm when the hog got up and came right at me i threw 4 or 5 shots at him and he turned and crashed into some thicker crap. We decided to back out I'm going to ease down there this afternoon to see if I can find him and atleast get my arrow bacl
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 01:00 PM

so you missed a BIG hog four or five times an less than five steps with the 10mm???? grin

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
so you missed a BIG hog four or five times an less than five steps with the 10mm???? grin

I hit him the first time the next few I don't know where they went cause I was movin
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 01:56 PM

No video? whistle
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 02:58 PM

Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

LOL...he should'a kicked that one square in the jaw.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 07:09 PM

[quote=Shaw]

[/quotes imagine that’s what really happened laugh

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 07:11 PM

I wish I could haul my big ass up in a tree like that
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

You can. You just need the right motivation.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: sluggun

rofl
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Dang hogs - 10/18/17 09:55 PM

Lol
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: sluggun

lol
Posted By: bmc77

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 05:46 AM

LOL..at the story
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 08:19 AM

you know, since I've started hunting in an area hogs frequent, I've started being more aware of my surroundings, and I'm always trying to keep in mind "what would I do if a pig charged me right now?"...........and I have yet to see a tree I could get up if I had to. They're all either 3" thick (or less) saplings, or they're 2' thick trees.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 09:45 AM

Dang hogs - lol!!!
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 10:58 AM

i've been seeing a lot more hogs around where i live -- not on my land, but around my area driving on the roads ... my handgun goes with me now, for sure ... i hate hogs & i guarantee you, i'd scale a 60 ft sweet gum tree like ole John in Jerry Clower's Coon Huntin' Story ...

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
Dang hogs - lol!!!

I started to call you but I knew it was past your bed time

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 06:32 PM

Heh heh heh. I would have brought a light. Since Kristy started staying in FL, I have the phone by my bed. John's working nights so if he needs some help, I would need to get up.

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 06:34 PM

And a hk91 clone.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 06:38 PM

Doekiller needs to tell everyone about the hog that chased him down at GSO on a hog hunt we had several years ago.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe
Doekiller needs to tell everyone about the hog that chased him down at GSO on a hog hunt we had several years ago.
yes do tell! We need to hear more about this!

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 08:45 PM

GSO?
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Dang hogs - 10/19/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
GSO?

Great Southern Outdoors wildlife plantation in Union Springs.

He can tell it better then I can. I was there and didn’t actually see it but walked up right after it happened. Outback was with us as well. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that hard at a man that shook up telling a story about being chased by a hog.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM