Aldeer.com

Who hasn't shot?

Posted By: jlbuc10

Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 06:08 PM

How many of y'all will be shooting your bow for the first time all year Saturday?

Guilty blush
Posted By: top cat

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 06:38 PM

Slung four arrows. Shoulder won't allow any more.
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 07:14 PM

Shot first time today. I'm good to go.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 07:39 PM

I have to practice all year round.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 07:51 PM

There will be more in the woods that haven't shot, than have shot.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 08:03 PM

been shooting 24 arrows a day for the past 2 weeks 12 at 20 yards and 12 at 30 yards I probably won't shoot at anything farther than 30 yards because i have not practiced at 40 in a while
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 08:48 PM

Guilty. I'll sling a few but if I do more than that my shoulder goes kaput.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 08:57 PM

I normally hang with timber2 this time of year for real life situations practice.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 08:58 PM

I've shot a little I can group pretty well at 40 but 30 and in is where I'm comfortable.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
I've shot a little I can group pretty well at 40 but 30 and in is where I'm comfortable.
Posted By: klay

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 09:13 PM

I am usually guilty of not shooting much, but a few of us from work have been wearing it out this year and I can tell. I've anyways been ok at 40, but better of inside of 30. For the first time ever, I'm consistent out to 50 yards. Won't shoot a deer that far, but it's fun. I'm trying 60 tomorrow.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 10:04 PM

I've shot more this year then in probably 10 years. We are shooting a 3d tourney Friday for Alabama power. I hear they have great prizes so I'm trying to shoot better.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 10:12 PM

Shot off and on the last 3 months but not much. Shot with broadheads for 1st time today out to 30 yrds. Good to go.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 10:18 PM

Been shooting with son for 3 months,,,we are ready as we have ever been!
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 11:00 PM

I'm not down south with you guys but, I shot 4 months before elk season started. If persistent, ya get one shot a year pretty easily and I wasn't gonna miss. After all that, I passed on 2. Good luck to all of you
Posted By: btfl

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 11:01 PM

I've been shooting 20 or 30 a day for the past few months. Started shooting elevated last week. Haven't shot a broadheads this year, but will this week.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/09/17 11:18 PM

Hunting season is when I take a little break from shooting so much. From February to October I shoot just about every day. Probably average 50 shots per day. I still shoot during hunting season but I don't shoot as much.
Posted By: nacho

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 08:48 AM

I’ve been shooting in the afternoons at work probably 30-40 shots per session. We started shooting 20oz bottle tops at 35 and 40 yards. It’s fun to have a little competive shooting. When I’m not at work it’s somewhere around 20 shots from random angles in the backyard out to 30 yards.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 10:20 AM

Practiced a couple of weeks ago. Plan on practicing more this Friday (I am off)
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 10:27 AM

shot mine yesterday for the first time, everything is all dialed same as last year. just don't need to drop it from my stand again
Posted By: Little Foot

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 10:49 AM

shot Sunday for first time, all systems go!
Posted By: Out back

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 01:22 PM

I used to shoot my bow all year. Since I've had to take up the crossbow it isn't a big deal.
Crossbow pretty much like a rifle, make sure it's still zeroed and go hunting.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 04:01 PM

I have been shooting for the past two weeks. Stationery pin is set at 25 yards and the then my rolling wheel on G5 is dead on all the way out to 60.

Just went and bought the new Rages Titaniums, so I am hoping they shoot the same as my other Rage 100 grains broadheads.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 05:14 PM

I've only shot a few times recently, actually about to go out now and shoot 50-60-70. Shot 3D several times a week for most of the off season.
Posted By: Recurve

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 08:17 PM

I shoot every day that I can. At least 10-15 shots. I don't know jack about wheel bows but I can tell a big difference when I haven't shot for a month with my stick.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 09:07 PM

Started pulling dumbells 3 weeks ago, started shooting 12 arrows twice a day week ago. Normally start earlier; but lot of other stuff to do lately.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 09:18 PM

Shot mine today for the first time.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/10/17 09:25 PM

Bow is buried under stuff in storage. I may get it out this weekend but not to hunt.

Dr. B
Posted By: crocker

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 08:09 AM

Cant imagine climbing in a stand without shooting my bow since last year. If you are that busy spend the first chance to hunt checking your bow!!
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: crocker
Cant imagine climbing in a stand without shooting my bow since last year. If you are that busy spend the first chance to hunt checking your bow!!

Yet some people do.

“I don’t know how I gut shot that doe! She was only 20 yards!”
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Strictlybow
Originally Posted By: crocker

Yet some people do.

“I don’t know how I gut shot that doe! She was only 20 yards!”

I agree. I have to turn folks away every year that wait til the last minute to drag theirs out only to find something wrong. I just simply don’t have time with my real job and trying to get my junk ready. Sadly I haven’t shot mine in about 3 weeks because I’ve been so busy with strings and spent a week hunting in Wyoming with a rifle. I shot it about 20 times yesterday after work.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 09:52 AM

guilty. But i will defenetly shoot before i enter this weekend.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 10:42 AM

Havent shot mine but I wont be in the tree this weekend. Ill usually shoot mine the day before I go to check zero.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 11:05 AM

To be honest, I should just switch to a crossbow, at least for this season of life. I just don't have/make the time to practice like I should.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 12:03 PM

Guilty as charged. I will shoot it a few times on Friday.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 12:08 PM

This is the first year that I did not have to make any adjustments to my bow. I have never had that happen before.
Posted By: Jus_me

Re: Who hasn't shot? - 10/11/17 01:39 PM

A reason to always shoot before going in the woods to hunt: I started shooting about a month ago. I would shoot one or two arrows then watch as the next one would fly bad going to the target. I noticed a black mark on my fletching every time the arrow didn’t fly true. The fletching was hitting the arrow holder, not much but enough to make a difference in flight. The string stretched, causing the wheels to be out of time. 2 twists in the string later, it shoots bullet holes through paper now, easy fix but could’ve made for a bad shot
© 2024 ALDEER.COM