Aldeer.com

Tip of the Day.....

Posted By: Shaw

Tip of the Day..... - 09/17/17 06:10 PM

.....Well, more of a rant. See this groove that goes around a peep sight?

It has a purpose. Whether you do your own work or have someone else do it for you, make sure serving is tied around the peep in this groove, securing it to the bowstring. Like this:

I've had probably a dozen bows brought to me the last few weeks that didn't have this done. They only had the serving above and below the peep. This isn't enough to properly secure the peep. It can easily be moved and worse yet, come out of the string during the shot. If you're lucky, it will keep going down range. If you're not, it could ricochet off the riser and take an eye out.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/18/17 12:49 AM

Makes you want to trust everyone at a bow shop that "claims to be a bow tech "
Posted By: Out back

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/18/17 09:14 AM

And you still got little bitty hands.

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/18/17 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Out back
And you still got little bitty hands.

Posted By: Out back

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/18/17 09:43 AM

slap
Posted By: ALDawg

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/18/17 08:22 PM

Shaw - I just had new string and cables put on. Took it to the Matthews dealer in Mobile (I'm shooting a No Cam HTR). Just checked and they did as you described tying above and below the peep but not in the groove of the peep.

Do you think it would be sufficient to take a piece of serving thread and cinch a few loops through the groove without having to re-tie the whole peep?

Thanks

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/19/17 05:54 AM

Yes, that will work. When you go back to that shop, kick them in the nads.
Posted By: ALDawg

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/19/17 07:41 AM

Thanks Shaw!
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/19/17 12:37 PM

Thanks for the Knawledge
Posted By: msu33

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/19/17 02:31 PM

My buddy's and his wife's bow both did not have the peep tied in. His bow shop just doesnt do it. I fixed it for him. I do mine differently. Though, I do like how yours is tied in, I may start doing it like that. Mine could still be moved if you really wanted to...but will not fly off the string.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/20/17 10:41 AM

That must be a tiny peep. I didn't know they made them for munchkins!
rofl
Posted By: Nannybustin

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/20/17 04:37 PM

Trying to find an actual tech to restring my Mathews around destin anybody have any sugestions
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/20/17 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Nannybustin
Trying to find an actual tech to restring my Mathews around destin anybody have any sugestions

I think some have shipped their bows to Shaw to be re-strung and sent back to you.

Re: Tip of the Day..... - 09/21/17 05:11 AM

Yes they have. But unfortunately we have reached that time of the year. I'm booked up and will not take any more orders until mid February.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM