Aldeer.com

Release Issue

Posted By: bobwallace

Release Issue - 09/10/17 09:32 PM

Anyone ever had a release that would fire while drawing back? I bought a TruFire Hurricane back in the spring (cause it was on sale to have a back up) and today while shooting, it released while drawing back three times. Twice it sent the arrow over the target into my privacy fence. Luckily I wasn't at full draw so they just bounced off pretty hard. Still kind of worried about the arrows being damaged. I am callin TruFire tomorrow, but wanted to see if any of yall had this happen before. Last week when I was at the bow shop having arrows cut, it did the same thing. I kind of brushed that one off thinking I might have caused it, but since it has happened three times since, it has to be an issue with this release.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Release Issue - 09/10/17 09:47 PM

Had one for years and not the first problem.
If man makes it there's always a bad one in the bunch.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 09:05 AM

See if the allen head screw didnt back out.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 09:13 AM

Do as Dan suggested and check all the screws. The release most likely isn't firing, the gap has gotten too large between the jaws allowing your D-loop to slip through. Check your D-loop also and make sure there's nothing abnormal with it. This is the reason I will not use a double jaw release. They can all fail, but your chances double with 2 jaws.
Posted By: PastorJack

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 12:28 PM

I agree with Shaw... it's most likely the gap between the jaws. You also might want to consider drawing at your target instead of over it. That way if you ever have a miss fire, your arrow is still pointed at the target or below it instead of above. I've see a lot of guys start their draw by pointing the arrow up and it always scares me.

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: PastorJack
I agree with Shaw... it's most likely the gap between the jaws. You also might want to consider drawing at your target instead of over it. That way if you ever have a miss fire, your arrow is still pointed at the target or below it instead of above. I've see a lot of guys start their draw by pointing the arrow up and it always scares me.

I do. I was apparently just a little high. They both went over about 10 inches. I am going to check the jaws here after supper. I appreciate it fellas.

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 07:46 PM

I tightened up the Allen screw and I believe it fixed it. I took some paracord and pulled on it a lot harder than the poundage on my bow and couldn't replicate the problem again.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 10:35 PM

Watch it though. That paracord is a lot thicker than D-loop material. It's not that the jaws were opening, it's that the gap was just big enough for the D-loop material to slip through under tension.

Re: Release Issue - 09/11/17 10:47 PM

That's the thing. There isn't a noticeable gap. When closed, the jaws are firmly touching each other. I can't say for sure they were like that yesterday when I was shooting though.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM