Aldeer.com

Wild hogs in Macon ?

Posted By: Garzaboy8

Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/07/17 08:32 PM

Was in Tuskegee forest today and walked up on a black wild bore. Is this common ? We have them bad in Baldwin county and I love hunting them but didn't know they where this far north
Posted By: MC21

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/07/17 09:04 PM

All over Macon County
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/07/17 09:58 PM

All over Macon, bullock, Barbour, Russell, and surrounding counties.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/07/17 10:08 PM

Bad common
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/07/17 10:59 PM

Everywhere south of 85 from
Shorter over
Posted By: lucasfraley

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/08/17 11:26 AM

Killed 5 in one sitting last Thursday in macon county. They just kept coming out. Have a group of 15 still on camera in that spot.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/08/17 11:34 AM

I work with a ton of wild bores.
laugh
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/08/17 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: lucasfraley
Killed 5 in one sitting last Thursday in macon county. They just kept coming out. Have a group of 15 still on camera in that spot.

Wow 5 in an afternoon is impressive.
Mind if I ask, what part of the county?

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/09/17 11:19 AM

Right on the macon Russel co. Line creek Stand/ hurtsboro area
Posted By: jkm0017

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/12/17 08:34 AM

I got at least 9-10 on camera just south of Tuskegee.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/12/17 09:54 AM

They're everywhere around here......The Calibee (sp?) Creek drainage that runs through the county is like grand central station for them. They branch out from there along any creek or bottom. I remember hunting over in society hill back around 2000-2005. They showed up one year during a drought and that was it....they were there for good. I've been hunting in northern Barbour Co for about the past decade and have seen an expansion there too. Places that used to not have them do now.
Posted By: jkm0017

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/12/17 11:32 AM

Yep, Calebee (that's how google maps spells it) Creek runs right through our property. We always have signs during the summer and before deer season, but we usually don't see many once it gets colder.

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/12/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jkm0017
Yep, Calebee (that's how google maps spells it) Creek runs right through our property. We always have signs during the summer and before deer season, but we usually don't see many once it gets colder.

I guess maybe they move more during the summer or something due to less water being available. I’ve got a chance to go on good number of properties up and down that drainage due to either getting to know the neighbors or through my tracking gig and it’ll give you a whole different outlook on the pig issue when you start seeing the totality of it. There is no getting rid of them by our current means. There’s only temporarily getting rid of the ones that may be on your property currently until more move in. There’s some properties along that drainage that just make you go “Holy Chit!!!”…..The really thick areas are infested.

I’ve got some friends that use the Jager Pro traps that connect to your phone and they’re just about constantly catching them year-round. It’s definitely helped keep down the damage to their property and plots. If more property owners were trapping like they do then MAYBE you could see some type of real impact to the area but I doubt that’ll happen. Most landowners in the area live somewhere else and just couldn’t make it happen even if they wanted to probably.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/13/17 02:13 PM

They all over cowikkee creek too in northern barbour/south russell.

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/13/17 07:58 PM

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/13/17 07:58 PM

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/13/17 08:01 PM

Really hoping to put a hurting on these guys after we plant fields this weekend.

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/14/17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

They seem to be pretty much everywhere I go around Union Springs and Hurtsboro too.....all the way over to Society Hill.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/14/17 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: CNC
Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

They seem to be pretty much everywhere I go around Union Springs and Hurtsboro too.....all the way over to Society Hill.

Never saw a one on the Macon property Otis found his first deer at. Which is surprising cause there was a creek, a swamp, and a lake. Have you ever seen any in that area of macon

Re: Wild hogs in Macon ? - 09/14/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
Never saw a one on the Macon property Otis found his first deer at. Which is surprising cause there was a creek, a swamp, and a lake. Have you ever seen any in that area of macon

I actually haven’t tracked many more deer right in that immediate area…...They seem to be continually expanding their range though so you may have them show up one day. That place I hunted in Society Hill had never had a single hog on it until that one summer…After that it was on. That was back down in behind Sistrunk’s store on that big swamp back in there. They really target those major bottoms.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM