Aldeer.com

String Suppressor Issues

Posted By: NWALJM

String Suppressor Issues - 09/02/17 04:49 PM

Needing some help solving a problem I'm having with a new bow I'm shooting this year. I picked up a new(never been shot) Bear Legion on clearance at Gander Mountain in June. Had a local archery shop here get it tuned for me to start shooting. Today while shooting I noticed that my string will jump past the suppressors. Mostly on the bottom one, but sometimes the top as well.

I'm shooting a Maxima 250 arrow with 100gr field points, 60 #'s, 29" draw. Any ideas as to what's causing this to happen?

Re: String Suppressor Issues - 09/02/17 05:06 PM

Feel free to respond, but I think I've solved the issue. I hd some 350 arrows in my bag that are about 1" longer also than the 250's the pro shop cut and recommended to me. Still using 100 gr field points. String is being stopped and arrows are flying straight.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: String Suppressor Issues - 09/02/17 05:37 PM

Carbon express is weird in that they label their spines backwards. 350 are actually stiffer than 250. You are likely borderline on a 350 vs 400 spine, but I'd have probably gone with 350.

Shouldn't have anything to do with the string stops though. I noticed on a bear that I test shot a couple of years ago, the string stops had become loose and would wobble when I shot. Believe it was just an Allen head set screw that held them. Maybe yours is too far extended from the riser. Try re-adjusting.

Re: String Suppressor Issues - 09/02/17 06:10 PM

Thanks for the input Atoler. My string stops have a weird arced/curved rubber piece that just seems too flimsy or flexible to stop the string. Just an observation. I checked everything out and all is secured down. Either way. I shot probably 25 arrows of the 350 spine and no issues. Seem to have more consistent groups too.
Posted By: JeremyA7

Re: String Suppressor Issues - 09/05/17 05:12 PM

Are the strings touching the suppressors before you draw. If so that may be part of the problem. I set the string stops up so they are not touching before draw. Just enough to see daylight between them.

Re: String Suppressor Issues - 09/07/17 02:22 PM

Jeremy I haven't paid attention to that yet, but I will check. So far I'm not having any issues.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM