Aldeer.com

Persimmon trees

Posted By: rolltidehunter

Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 04:03 PM

I was always told that persimmon trees on edge of fields fall later is this true.I hunt them in woods but don't have many fields around me if so no persimmon trees around edge. Most in the woods are gone before season even starts.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 04:50 PM

Big persimmon tree on my grandmas property. Its only the edge of an overgrown field and its usually empty by opening day of bow season
Posted By: top cat

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 05:16 PM

I killed several muching on them during early bow season. If you can find a couple with white oaks close as well as water, that's the ticket. Death from above. wink
Posted By: 1shot

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 06:00 PM

I've got a couple on field edges at my folks place and they usually have fruit on them until Christmas. They are normally loaded to the point limbs break.
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 06:57 PM

Definitely, especially if you have water.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 07:01 PM

We've got one on the edge of a field and it never makes it to season
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 07:32 PM

We got a few but they never last till bow season
If you find some that do there's you spot!
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 08:04 PM

Yes I think the trees on the edge of fields hand on to persimmons longer than trees in the woods.
Posted By: PineStalker89

Re: Persimmon trees - 08/31/17 09:51 PM

Last good one I found on a field edge like that was still dropping but the dang coyotes were wearin em out.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Persimmon trees - 09/01/17 03:36 AM

I have two on the property I hunt that are on the edge of a field and both are absolutely loaded but nothing hitting the ground yet
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: Persimmon trees - 09/03/17 08:50 PM

I have 2 along my driveway. Pasture on one side and yard on the other and they're falling right now. At this rate, they'll probably be gone in a few weeks.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM