Aldeer.com

ladder stands

Posted By: chris4wde2

ladder stands - 08/29/17 12:21 PM

Anyone bowhunt from them or do most you guys use climbers? I have a few ladder stands setup but other than that I will be hunting from the ground. Just curious if the height would matter . One of my stands is old and about 12 ft and the other is about 16 ft. And being new to archery hunting hunting from the ground is alot different than with a rifle
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ladder stands - 08/29/17 12:27 PM

Yes I use mainly ladders now. I shot my archery eight point 3 yr old last year off a ladder. Im Hunting 50% ladders on my KY ground too. I like ladders.

I have a 12 ft ladder Ive shot deer from but they see me more on that then the taller ones for sure unless i Camo it in with branches and leaves better. Then they dont ever see me.

I camo around myself in any stand however.

Try sticking some branches in the area behind the ladder seat and the tree,..in the little triangle made by your tie down strap. Thats what I do. Some hanging down, some facing up,..some to each side.
Posted By: C3SEAST

Re: ladder stands - 08/29/17 01:32 PM

The older I get the more I like ladders. The taller ones work best for me. I zip tie cedar branches to each side of the ladder and around the stand. For less than $1000 you can setup a dozen ladder stands.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM