Aldeer.com

Climbing stick mods

Posted By: Garzaboy8

Climbing stick mods - 08/21/17 10:03 PM

I just got a set of hawk helium climbing sticks. I love them but there is so much metal to metal contact. I was looking to add a versa button to the stand and take off the the straps. Can anyone help me out on this little adventure because I am soo lost . Really trying to get away from climbers and do some run and gun setups
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/21/17 10:26 PM

Don't know. Some utube videos had folks replacing LW stick straps with 7MM rope. Seems like a legit mod and lighter too.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/21/17 10:45 PM

I saw some info a while back on Archerytalk about some fellas changing to the buttons.

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 08:31 AM

Yea that's what I'm going to try to do. I am just having trouble locating the right rope
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 11:07 AM

Stealth Strips
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 12:30 PM

I wrap all my sticks in black compression bandage. $4 a roll at wally world. Diy sportsmans videos are good. I prefer muddys cam cleats to anything else but id convert them to the versa buttons by lone wolf. You can also take 1in webbing an make step extensions. But if anything id wrappem up good

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 04:16 PM

yea i just climbed up with the sticks and i love them !!! especially the dual steps on each level. Fill safe first time climbing. and yes they do make noise but only when i put them together.

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 04:17 PM

Need some tape or strips like yall say. but its deff worth the $100
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/22/17 05:04 PM

Don't get too carried away with altering stands or ladders. You void any warranty and may weaken them. REMEMBER SAFTEY FIRST! If you have a lighter climber you can move easier than with a loc on and sticks.

Re: Climbing stick mods - 08/23/17 01:24 PM

i just can not get in the trees I wont to with a climber. Im so much more versatile with a run and gun hangon
© 2024 ALDEER.COM