Aldeer.com

Final prep done

Posted By: kodiak06

Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:22 PM

Here's the reeds I'll carry as primary this year after trying several. I'll have another set in my pack in case I lose this set. My mouths tired from all the lip bawling, cow talking, bulging, and grunting. The broadhead I'll primarily use are on the right, magnus stinger 2 blade. I will carry 2 of the trusty Thunderheads on the left though. Now, just waiting on Monday since I work sat/sun.

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:23 PM

After viewing that photo on here, I had to go inspect my arrows. I thought that was wear mark's it's actually the light hitting in the carbon
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:32 PM

Good luck
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:33 PM

What is that, an aluminum dome on those calls?
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:39 PM

Good luck send us pics from your trip!

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler
What is that, an aluminum dome on those calls?

Yea, its the Phelps Amp line. They good! The orange is a great soft cow/ young bull reed. Really easy to use too

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jmxinc
Good luck send us pics from your trip!
will do. Right now the Timberlands are shut down due to fire danger. Luckily, I have some private chunks I can hunt. The only drawback is its pretty heavily timbered, and thick. If I get a shot in there it's going to be threading the needle or Point Blank Range.

Re: Final prep done - 08/21/17 10:06 PM

Packs ready as well. My 2 on the wall. Frame ready with game bags and cleaning supplies and my hunting pack. The other two are in case I kill one and can find someone to help pack the meat. We'll see I'm kind of being a little selective this year on what I shoot
Posted By: Johnathan

Re: Final prep done - 08/22/17 08:27 PM

Looks like fun, be safe and enjoy your trip.

Re: Final prep done - 08/22/17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Johnathan
Looks like fun, be safe and enjoy your trip.

It'll be fun, just hoping the Timberlands open up so I got more range. I'm actually not making a trip I actually live here right in the middle of these Roosevelt's. So I'll chase them every day I don't work
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Final prep done - 08/22/17 09:18 PM

Have fun and good luck.

Re: Final prep done - 08/22/17 09:38 PM

Be safe send us pics of your hunts!
Most of us will never see or hunt that
part of the world!

Re: Final prep done - 08/22/17 09:53 PM

Will do. I'll actually get better pictures if they open up the Timber Company land. I like the elk hunting so much I told my wife that if we move back to Alabama, I won't be joining a hunting club I'll be coming up here to elk hunt every year
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Final prep done - 08/23/17 10:29 AM

Kodiak how do you like that Tenzing backpack? What size is it?

Re: Final prep done - 08/23/17 10:40 PM

Pretty sure it's the 2220. I've got no complaints carries my bow and all my gear plus it has a place for a water bladder. Elk season here is a month-long than I usually hunt 15 to 20 plus days pretty hard and nothing's broken yet. If I was to guess those packs are on our backs probably 8 to 10 hours a day
Posted By: AC870

Re: Final prep done - 08/24/17 07:36 PM

Get em Kodiak. Can't wait to read your stories.

Re: Final prep done - 08/24/17 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
Get em Kodiak. Can't wait to read your stories.

The stories may be limited this year. The Timberlands are shut down due to fire danger and we expect zero rain in the next 10 days. I have access to some private property one as one of our farm Fields I'm the only one that can hunt it, the Timber on the other side of a small Creek anyway. The problem is the creek is tidal it goes from knee-deep to chest-deep. The other problem is we have two high tides and two low tides daily so it makes getting back and forth very difficult. That field is just been leveled and planted in chicory this year, it's lush green and the elk love it. I just left there and counted 71 elk. Two decent Five Points and three or four rag horns. So maybe it'll get a little interesting but it'll be hard to fool that many elk

Re: Final prep done - 08/25/17 08:14 PM

The conditions you encounter makes you have to plan
in ways we don't have to consider ,,good stories already!
Hope you catch the tide right.

Re: Final prep done - 08/25/17 11:13 PM

That's true. I have like plan A through f. There's actually a lot of state land here but, with a Timber Company land closed that many more hunters will be on the state land. I'm hoping that the little private Parcels I got permission to hunt that a lot of trespassers don't go in. People around here tend to think they can hunt when they want and where they want.
Posted By: mzzy

Re: Final prep done - 08/25/17 11:50 PM

Good luck kodiak and stay safe thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM