Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 12:48 PM

QAD HDX

OR

Vaportrail LimbDriver ProV
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BCLC
QAD HDX

This is what I have. Made the switch over a few years ago. Zero problems and simple to set up.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 12:54 PM

About to ditch my NAP apache and get a QAD I guess
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 01:52 PM

I've had great luck with both. The Ripcord Code Red had less plastic parts than the QAD. Not that I ever had anything break on QAD. The advantage of the QAD was that it would stay up on letdown where as the code red would not. My understanding is that the new Rip Cords (not sure the model) now have the let down feature also.

Having said all that I switched to a Hamskea hunter hybrid pro for this year. It can be activated by either limb or the downward cable. So far it has been great.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 02:05 PM

I have both, QAD HDX and the Ripcord Ace and I prefer the ripcord. I prefer the build of the launcher arm. I also prefer the location of the thumb cock
Posted By: Ridgehunter36

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 03:30 PM

HHA Virtus, like it alot more than QAD
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 06:43 PM

I have a ripcord red but they are right it will drop
If you let down

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Jmxinc
I have a ripcord red but they are right it will drop
If you let down

That's why I went with the ace... I had read that on a review
Posted By: Scott4Hunting

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 09:22 PM

I've had a QAD on my last three bows. Can't go wrong with one of those in my opinion.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/20/17 09:46 PM

I've been using QAD's for over 10 years now and never had a single issue.
Posted By: James

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 12:18 AM

QAD
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 05:52 AM

QAD but I'm sure the Ripcord would work just fine, they sale a pile of em
Posted By: hosscat

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 07:17 AM

I am one of the few people that have had a failure with QAD. Probably 3 years ago mine failed to drop. It was like something partly bound it up. I could mess with it and it would fall, but even then it was slow. Called QAD, sent it back and a week or so later I received another one. That one lasted 8 shots. Exactly 8 shots later it froze. I ordered a code red that day. QAD was sent me a replacement a couple weeks later and I sold it.

The first QAD to fail was several years old and any moving part eventually fails, I can live with that. I am not sure if the second was a refurbished unit or a brand new one. Either way that ended it for me.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: hosscat
I am one of the few people that have had a failure with QAD. Probably 3 years ago mine failed to drop. It was like something partly bound it up. I could mess with it and it would fall, but even then it was slow. Called QAD, sent it back and a week or so later I received another one. That one lasted 8 shots. Exactly 8 shots later it froze. I ordered a code red that day. QAD was sent me a replacement a couple weeks later and I sold it.

The first QAD to fail was several years old and any moving part eventually fails, I can live with that. I am not sure if the second was a refurbished unit or a brand new one. Either way that ended it for me.

What are the chances you could have had it tied in incorrectly?

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 02:05 PM

Not sure how you could install a drop away rest in such a way that it would lock up?

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 02:18 PM

Going to Bennett's archery this afternoon to get a QAD
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 02:43 PM

Had the same ripcord on my old Q2 for 10+ years, no issues.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: hosscat
Not sure how you could install a drop away rest in such a way that it would lock up?

I've seen a QAD stay up on shot, when the tension was too loose on the tie in. Didn't realize the mechanism was binding.

Was it the hunter or ultra rest?

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 08:10 PM

I'm talking about locked completely. After removed from the bow still locked. A letter of apology from QAD with a replacement.
Posted By: jbc

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 08:13 PM

QAD

If not QAD, Limbdriver ProV I've had good luck with

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 08:49 PM

Got the QAD put on earlier and really like it. Now to get new arras. Prolly gonna try something other than fmj. Want some thing flying flatter

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/21/17 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ColeT
Got the QAD put on earlier and really like it. Now to get new arras. Prolly gonna try something other than fmj. Want some thing flying flatter

Cool, have fun with it. You may want to consider the penetration you'll give up to gain the speed. I have a fellow Hunter in our group that shoots FMJs and they lay the smack down on the elk. In reality I guess anything in the right spot kills up to a certain distance

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/22/17 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
Originally Posted By: ColeT

Cool, have fun with it. You may want to consider the penetration you'll give up to gain the speed. I have a fellow Hunter in our group that shoots FMJs and they lay the smack down on the elk. In reality I guess anything in the right spot kills up to a certain distance

I'm not gonna go too light. Current fmj inshoot is 11.3 gpi. May try something closer to 9 gpi
Posted By: Shaw

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/22/17 07:21 AM

A Gold Tip XT Hunter would fit the bill.

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/22/17 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

Yeah I'm going to get some. Also way more affordable
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: QAD vs ripcord - 08/22/17 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

I switched to these last year from one of the heavier shafts that I had used for years that was discontinued.

These in 340 at 29 inches with 3" 3 fletch 100 grain point and a wrap came in at 408 grains.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM