Aldeer.com

Anyone in Birmingham

Posted By: chris4wde2

Anyone in Birmingham - 08/19/17 11:23 PM

Have a broadhead target and would like to get together and shoot before the season. We recently moved into an apartment in town and I have nowhere to fine tune my bow to my broadheads. I know they say the slick tricks shoot like field points but I can't imagine starting my first season with the thought of being unsure shooting at a deer. Thanks guys in advance.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/20/17 07:42 AM

There's no way I would go hunting with my bow if I didn't know where my arrows were flying, its asking for problems. Have you checked with bow shops and archery ranges. There should be something near you That can get ya shooting BHs. Good luck
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/20/17 08:38 AM

If you don't have any luck, take your target to your hunting land.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/20/17 08:44 AM

I'd spend the $40 on a broadhead target and go to a ballfield near you, if you can't find someone close to help out
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/20/17 10:13 AM

Me and a group of guys from church meet up at oak mountain state park archery range on Saturday morning for a short devotional and do some shooting. I can bring a broad head target with me if you would like to join.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/21/17 07:59 PM

Hoover tactical has a bow range. I am not sure if they would let you tune your broad heads but you could call and ask.
Posted By: judge sharpe

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/28/17 01:19 PM

Go to Grabow's in Fultondale they have a good indoor range and an outdoor range.

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/29/17 01:02 AM

I do all my practicing at Grabow with my field point but wanted to tune my broadheads and make sure they are close to my field points as possible. There insurance doesn't allow the shooting of broadheads at the range
Posted By: Blackwater_Reb

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 08/29/17 09:19 AM

Ha. I call BS on that. May be naive, but doubt that is specified in the policy. I totally understand the safety aspect. Just not the excuse.
Posted By: Colt1917

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/09/17 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mandeerpig
Me and a group of guys from church meet up at oak mountain state park archery range on Saturday morning for a short devotional and do some shooting. I can bring a broad head target with me if you would like to join.

Oak Mountain prohibits broad heads so best be stealthy. I'd also consider shooting a couple of field points first so that you're getting an apples-to-apples comparison under the same shooting conditions.

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 12:50 AM

Actually found out the church across the street has an old outdoor range with old foam blocks . Took a tape and marked off 20 and 30 yards and my slick tricks hitting really well . Can't wait for the season. Never got one with a bow and my first time in 15 years to bowhunt again
Posted By: Reno

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: chris4wde2
Actually found out the church across the street has an old outdoor range with old foam blocks . Took a tape and marked off 20 and 30 yards and my slick tricks hitting really well . Can't wait for the season. Never got one with a bow and my first time in 15 years to bowhunt again

Where will you be hunting?

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 09:48 AM

I hunt in Elmore county about 5 minutes from Lake Martin. May go to Mulberry Fork WMA a few times since it is so close to home

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: chris4wde2
I hunt in Elmore county about 5 minutes from Lake Martin. May go to Mulberry Fork WMA a few times since it is so close to home

Good luck out there thumbup

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 11:31 AM

You too Reno. You don't by chance have a little brother named Chris do you? Guessing Reno is you last name maybe lol

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 12:56 PM

yea, that's my last name... i don't personally know a chris reno but a good chance we are related if he runs around gdale/mt olive area. my granddad and all his siblings and cousins were from morris and kimberly

Re: Anyone in Birmingham - 09/10/17 02:18 PM

Yea well he grew up in Adamsville and lived with his Grandparents . He has been in and out of jail but we were friends in school and I lived right up the road from him.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM