Aldeer.com

Cheap target build

Posted By: kodiak06

Cheap target build - 06/09/17 06:27 PM

Last week shot point blank at a burlap bag stuffed with plastic bags and junk. 288fps, no pass through. Today I picked up 5 burlap bags for $4 at a local coffee grinding place.

[list]
[*]

Threw it all together and added some netting
[*]
Shots from 30 did well, just need a little more stuffing.
Final target after adding a few squares
[*]

Back drop is a coast guard buoy chain sawed in half. Its tough as nails. If ya near a Coast Guard ANT Team, go see if you can score an old round buoy and cut in half. The Broadheads pull easier than field points

Re: Cheap target build - 06/09/17 06:29 PM

Fyi,the green buoy I have is not easy to pull, that's why I said to score the round type.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Cheap target build - 06/10/17 08:32 AM

The best target stuffing I ever saw was shrink wrap. I worked at a grocery store in college and one of my coworkers saved all the shrink wrap that the pallets were wrapped in. He stuffed shrink wrap tightly into a box and took it home. It stopped arrows cold but the best part was that removal was super easy, field points anyway.

Re: Cheap target build - 06/10/17 09:20 AM

Shrink wrap is what I'm adding to the bag. Hoping to get enough to fill the other bags. Thanks for the reply
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Cheap target build - 06/10/17 11:15 AM

I've bought bedding at a thrift store and stuffed bags before that worked well. Any old cloths will work but cut out all zippers and buttons.
Posted By: Johnathan

Re: Cheap target build - 06/11/17 07:32 AM

Has any one ever tried to stuff a target bag with old plastic Walmart bags?
Posted By: Johnathan

Re: Cheap target build - 06/11/17 07:34 AM

Sorry just looked at the post again it has plastic bags all ready!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM