Aldeer.com

Compound vs crossbow spinoff

Posted By: sluggun

Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/10/17 10:16 PM

I keep hearing how one is better than the other so who would be up for a challenge to see which is better? And no I'm not saying that I can outshoot you crossbow guys. This is an invitation to meet up at Talladega county bowhunter range at Top Trails Park in Talladega on Saturday May 20 for a friendly competition and fun day of archery. The cost to shoot the range is $15. It will be freehand and known distance from the pink stake. It would be great if we could get at least three compound and three crossbow shooters to come. If anyone is interested post on this thread and I'll meet you on the range between 8:00 and 8:30 am on May 20.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 02:50 PM

We'll I'm not that great with my bow and don't own a xbow, yet, but I'm hell with a scoped 22. smile
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: mcninja
We'll I'm not that great with my bow and don't own a xbow, yet, but I'm hell with a scoped 22. smile
Then that makes turkey hunting easier. Got birds still in fields. My grandad use to shoot deer with a pistol in the head, then stick em with an arrow after he found them on the ground so he could get another few weeks of killing deer in.

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 03:13 PM

He'd have fit right in with our fine neighbors in Jackson Co. Season dates and limits are nothing more than a suggestion to them.
Posted By: bill

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 03:36 PM

So you want a xbow shooter to come to an archery range where 99% of those there can't wait to lord their elitist attitude over them? I have never shot one but I think I'd pass. I don't get all the my way is better than your way pecker measuring that goes on in hunting. I take that back. I do get it. It's the only way some people can feel better about themselves. I don't understand why people can't just hunt and let others do the same, within the law. Muzzle loaders look down on rifle hunters, compound bow hunters look down on xbow hunters , trad bow hunters look down on compound bow hunters, spear hunters look down on trad bow hunters and cave men would be laughing at all of the above. Have fun and quit making hunting a competition because regardless of what some may think, there is always someone better at it than you.

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bill
So you want a xbow shooter to come to an archery range where 99% of those there can't wait to lord their elitist attitude over them? I have never shot one but I think I'd pass. I don't get all the my way is better than your way pecker measuring that goes on in hunting. I take that back. I do get it. It's the only way some people can feel better about themselves. I don't understand why people can't just hunt and let others do the same, within the law. Muzzle loaders look down on rifle hunters, compound bow hunters look down on xbow hunters , trad bow hunters look down on compound bow hunters, spear hunters look down on trad bow hunters and cave men would be laughing at all of the above. Have fun and quit making hunting a competition because regardless of what some may think, there is always someone better at it than you.

Amen.

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 05:07 PM

Bill aren't you just a fountain of negativity. Again spewing off about something you know nothing about. We at BHA have a crossbow class and nobody there is trying to belittle anyone else because of their choice of equipment. This is simply an invitation to come out and enjoy the sport of archery and have a good time. Who knows you may enjoy it. And if you or anyone else has any negative comments then keep them to your selves cause it ain't welcome here.
Posted By: bill

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/11/17 05:34 PM

My bad, I was just going off what I see regular bow hunters doing to xbow hunters in other threads. I must be mistaken and that never really happens.

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/12/17 12:40 PM

Well that escalated quickly.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/13/17 09:23 AM

Sounds like Bill's in Scott, Bill u gonna be shooting a Xbow or vertical bow?
Posted By: Abram

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/18/17 10:04 AM

Bill please do not paint all archers with the same paint brush.

Re: Compound vs crossbow spinoff - 05/20/17 06:01 AM

Is Anyone coming to shoot? I'm on the way. I just started the three hour drive and I'll be there before 9:00.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM