Aldeer.com

Who shoots wearing a glove

Posted By: kodiak06

Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/10/17 08:21 PM

On their release hand? I don't but, grabbed a cheap pair of Sitka gloves and gave it a shot. Started to cut trigger finger off but didn't. Went outside, started moving to trigger and boom, lost an arrow. Remaining gloveless!
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/10/17 08:42 PM

I've got a old old pair of cotton gloves that are thread bare the thumb and trigger finger is cut out all the way back to my hand. It seems tomwork but almost rather just keep my hand in my pocket
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/10/17 09:53 PM

Ive always wore gloves of somekind, i wear them mechanix originals now. Pretty nice gloves for hunting fall apart if used for serious work
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/10/17 09:53 PM

I wear cotton gloves with the trigger finger and thumb cut out.

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/10/17 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
I wear cotton gloves with the trigger finger and thumb cut out.

That's how I always hunted whitetail. The last 5 years running elk I've been bare handed. A little easier to get away with movement while on the ground using cover.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 02:24 PM

I wear cotton gloves with the fingers cut out and the cuff cut off.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 02:44 PM

No gloves. If it's windy and cold I'm prob not going to be in a tree and if it's cold I can deal with it but my hands are going in my pockets or my little pouch deal with the two holes on both ends with a little heater pad in there.
Posted By: king

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 07:07 PM

I always wear camo gloves thin and tight fitting, even in warm weather, to cover my white hands, you move your hands a lot when hunting, and deer can pick up a white moving hand , I do remove the glove from my shooting finger.

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: king
I always wear camo gloves thin and tight fitting, even in warm weather, to cover my white hands, you move your hands a lot when hunting, and deer can pick up a white moving hand

I've used face paint on my hands the last few years
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 09:56 PM

I use a hand warmer that I clip around my waist. If its real cold. Ill wear a globe on my bow hand but my trigger hand is usually bare.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
On their release hand? I don't but, grabbed a cheap pair of Sitka gloves and gave it a shot. Started to cut trigger finger off but didn't. Went outside, started moving to trigger and boom, lost an arrow. Remaining gloveless!

I do when it get's below 30. Metal risers get cold and soak that into you without some layers. Just practice with hunting clothes on and know how it affects accuracy.

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/12/17 11:35 PM

Gloves for me woulda been camo only, not cold here when I bow hunt. I've like just darkening the hands with face paint, one less thing to keep track of running and gunning.
Posted By: fingers

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/26/17 04:21 PM

I do.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Who shoots wearing a glove - 04/30/17 10:10 AM

If you're pulling a trigger regardless of what kind, cut the trigger finger out of the gloves.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM