Aldeer.com

Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m

Posted By: Bar7Mag

Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 10:15 AM

I loved my z7. Just ordered another off ebay. Thinking about possibly buying a heli-m and selling the one I like the least. How does the heli-m compare? Any other Mathews i should try? I liked the z7 because it was so light and short and quick.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 10:47 AM

They are both very similar. The Heli-m will be lighter and have a little more solid back wall due to having a draw stop on the cam.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 12:55 PM

I liked the helim better than the z7

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 09:08 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 10:53 PM

I had one and hated it....one of my all time least favorite bows. Part of the issue I had was just that I would torque it a lot and that ain't the bows fault. Still though, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/05/17 10:54 PM

You are doing yourself a dis-service not to shoot the halon though.
Posted By: flounderpounder

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/06/17 11:25 AM

Helim is a solid bow.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/07/17 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Honolua
You are doing yourself a dis-service not to shoot the halon though.

bought a halon the other day and loving it so far.

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/07/17 10:52 PM

My new to me z7 came in today. Trying to work out buying a heli-m on archery talk also.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/08/17 08:47 PM

Don't know about the helium
my oldest son showed up today
And gave the old man a new Halon32
Felt sorry for the old man shooting
A old Mathews sq2
Must say the halon 32 is some kinda sweet!
to my son if you read this.THANKS!!!

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/09/17 03:20 PM

Oh man jmxinc you must be living right. I bought a used heli-m last night off archerytalk. Now I can do a side by side comparison.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/09/17 08:42 PM

Bar 7 mag I m lucky I got good sons,,,let us know which bow you like best
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/11/17 05:57 PM

Love my Heli-m. By far the sweetest bow I've ever owned.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/11/17 07:59 PM

I've had the original mathews solo cam(early 90s), a switchback xt, a z7 extreme, heli-m, a monster 6, a triumph and a z2. The switchback was the best shooter to me with the heli-m being second.

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/13/17 10:03 PM

Thanks slug gun for the reply. I ordered me a 29 inch cam tonight and a cheap drop away rest off Amazon to try for a few days until the rest I am buying from a member here arrives. I can already tell I like the weight and feel of this bow a lot!
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/13/17 10:47 PM

How does the current "z" series bow (I don't remember, z3 or z9?) compare to the original z7 in a nut shell?

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/13/17 11:50 PM

Keep an eye on the strings behind the reverse assist roller guard. If you shoot a lot it will mess the serving up. It did it on my z7 and heli-m. It takes a lot of shots to mess it up though.

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/14/17 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
How does the current "z" series bow (I don't remember, z3 or z9?) compare to the original z7 in a nut shell?

Pretty much the same bow.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/14/17 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: sluggun
Keep an eye on the strings behind the reverse assist roller guard. If you shoot a lot it will mess the serving up. It did it on my z7 and heli-m. It takes a lot of shots to mess it up though.

I've never had any serving wear in that area.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/15/17 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

Me either.

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 04/30/17 10:19 AM

I really like this heli-m so far....but it will jerk the string out of your hand if you have any creep. Any ideas where to get a smaller draw stop for it?
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 05/02/17 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Bar7Mag
I loved my z7. Just ordered another off ebay. Thinking about possibly buying a heli-m and selling the one I like the least. How does the heli-m compare? Any other Mathews i should try? I liked the z7 because it was so light and short and quick.

I have one and love it. Definitely lighter than anything I had before.

Re: Your thoughts on the mathews heli-m - 05/03/17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

It would only be a small spot right at the roller,I think it was the outside roller, when the bow was at rest. Anyway it was on the string an not the bus cable. I think it was bouncing up off the roller at the end of the shot cycle. That continuous slap back into the roller would wear into the serving if that makes any sense to you. Mathews ended up putting three strings and a roller guard on the z7 before I finally traded it for the heli-m. The heli-m only did it one time with the original serving that came on the string. We reserved it with a thicker serving and I didn't have any more trouble with it. Now keep in mind I was shooting anywhere from 40 to 80 shots a day every day for about seven months.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM