Aldeer.com

i got it bad!

Posted By: kodiak06

i got it bad! - 03/14/17 11:44 AM

164 more days until archery elk begins and I'm playing with bows and packs, lol. I had a fun year this past season, killed my bull, put a guy in a 5x5, and put 2 people on cows with lop tags, and I'm still biting at the chomp. I mapped out new areas and scouted during deer season, added way points, marked trails, etc... Cams go up mid may in areas I've preselected, one of which I saw a 6x6 at the same time I killed my 5x5. C'mon August 26
Posted By: Clem

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 11:57 AM

thumbup Looking forward to living vicariously through your hunts this season.

Are you switching packs this year? If so, what are you looking at to change?

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 12:33 PM

Sticking with Tenzings. Was checking the fit of the Prodigy cam into the weapons pouch. Fit well with an unloaded pack. Will check when pack is full. If a hassle, I'll order an Exo weapons pouch and convert it over to that maybe.
Posted By: Clem

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 03:17 PM

Got one of these last year and I really like it.

https://www.primos.com/products/archery/neoprene-bow-sling/

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 04:05 PM

If we didn't hike and bike so far, I'd get one of those. I may get one anyway, looks nice
Posted By: Shaw

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 04:35 PM

That's what I use. I don't even have to use a pull up rope when climbing up into a loc-on.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
Sticking with Tenzings. Was checking the fit of the Prodigy cam into the weapons pouch. Fit well with an unloaded pack. Will check when pack is full. If a hassle, I'll order an Exo weapons pouch and convert it over to that maybe.

Have you gotten your hands on a Kifaru, yet? I love mine. Makes 100 lbs feel as good as it can. grin

Re: i got it bad! - 03/14/17 06:03 PM

I haven't tried one. I only use the Tenzing for my hunting gear and bow. I use my Alaska frame pack and a slumberjack for hauling meat.
Posted By: bbrown2933

Re: i got it bad! - 03/20/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
That's what I use. I don't even have to use a pull up rope when climbing up into a loc-on.

X2
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: i got it bad! - 04/29/17 06:58 AM

dang Kodiak all the Elk talk has me thinking

Re: i got it bad! - 04/29/17 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Standbanger
dang Kodiak all the Elk talk has me thinking

Lol, my wife's Fed up I think. I've been out 4 times the last 2 weeks scouting. Got one can hung 2 days ago with 25# of mineral to see if the 6x6 made it through gun season. I'm thinking he did due to his location.got 3 more cams to hang soon.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM