Aldeer.com

Dry Fires

Posted By: perchjerker

Dry Fires - 02/16/17 10:16 PM

Dryfire
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Dry Fires - 02/17/17 01:43 AM

Yeah that's not a dry fire. He derailed it. A dry fire is when you shoot it without an arrow in it. That does a lot more damage to the bow and to you. If you ever do it or see it done you'll never forget it.
Posted By: Deadwood

Re: Dry Fires - 02/17/17 02:16 AM

After watching a "friend" pick up my old Jennings YEARS AGO and dry fire it without my consent, I took it to Bobby Hubbard in Talladega. He put it on a laser square and told me the limbs were blown out of the cups. He said that since Jennings had a lifetime warranty, he would ship it back and hope for the best. Three weeks later, it was shipped back in perfect condition for free. I still kill deer with that bow occasionally. Thanks Bobby.

I still demanded the price of what the fix would have if I would to have paid for it and received the payment, begrudgingly, from the dumbass for his stupidity. He tore up evrything he touched and was always too broke to pitch in on anything, including seed or workdays. This was a matter of principal. His choice was that or being asked off my lease without refund. He didn't renew the following year. He was a walking fuckup anyway whose wife held the checkbook.

Since then, I aquired a bunch of those short firearm red painted cable locks with a padlock for free that the State of Alabama used to give away during their juvenile Hunters Ed Courses. They are made for passing through the actions of firearms so they can't be loaded.They fit PERFECTLY around the string and the riser snugly. All my bows are now such equipped.

I also don't let others draw my bows anymore except in bow shops or with an arrow nocked on the range preparing to fire.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Dry Fires - 02/17/17 06:17 AM

Ol' Bobby is a good guy. Shot Buckmasters with him for about 10 years.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Dry Fires - 02/21/17 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Ol' Bobby is a good guy. Shot Buckmasters with him for about 10 years.

He sure is, haven't seen him in a while but used to go on some group hunts he got together at Alabama River Lodge
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Dry Fires - 02/21/17 09:59 PM

We all know that and they are explaining that most so called dry fires are not. Did you watch the video and not listen? DUH
Posted By: Cheaha

Re: Dry Fires - 03/14/17 08:39 AM

One of the shooters at the Ft. Benning ASA 3D Tournament this past weekend dry fired his new Halon. I thought someone had fired a gun, it sounded like a .22 Magnum going off. I really felt sorry for that guy.
Posted By: mman

Re: Dry Fires - 03/20/17 03:13 PM

A guy recently walked into Cabela's and dry fired his bow on purpose and asked the tech guy what was wrong with his bow and why did it de-rail when he did that?

SMH...
Posted By: jbc

Re: Dry Fires - 03/20/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mman
A guy recently walked into Cabela's and dry fired his bow on purpose and asked the tech guy what was wrong with his bow and why did it de-rail when he did that?

SMH...

the tech probably didn't know either. I haven't found a wealth of knowledge or experience in any of those places.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Dry Fires - 03/20/17 05:56 PM

I heard a funny story when I hunted at Tara Wildlife in Mississippi back about 16 or 17 years ago. The head guide, Hank Hearns, did a little bow work for a few people around that area. One old guy with a PSE Thunderbolt told Hank his cable slide kept popping off. Hank told him to bring by the lodge and he'd look at it. Well Hank was sitting in his office at his desk one day when the old guy showed up with it. Hank told him to to draw the bow. The old guy drew the bow without an arrow and let it go. The cable slide flew across the room. The old guy said "See there. Told you." Hank said "What in hell did you do that for?" Old guy told him he always does that a couple of times to warm it up before hunting with it. Hank told him he needed to write PSE a letter and tell them about it. grin
Posted By: mman

Re: Dry Fires - 03/21/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: jbc
Originally Posted By: mman

SMH...

the tech probably didn't know either. I haven't found a wealth of knowledge or experience in any of those places.

Agreed, that is usually the case. Haha, the tech was the one that told the story. He is fairly knowledgeable, but that is the exception, not the rule. They do have another young man that has impressed me, and that's not easy to do.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM