Aldeer.com

Well I guess it was bound to happen

Posted By: Smells

Well I guess it was bound to happen - 02/05/17 05:20 PM

... not that it ever had to, but I finally knocked my switchback off it's rest, tried to grab it and was left holding two arrows that pulled out of the quiver as I watched it fall 25' out of my tree. It hit a few small branches that I'm sure slowed it down and luckily landed flat on it's profile instead of on end. Just shot a dozen arrows through it and sure enough it's low and right but seems otherwise unaffected. I'm hoping I just adjust the sights and carry on?

Who's had this happen? Is there anything else I need to check?

Glad I didn't draw on a deer yesterday. Probably should have let one fly in the field after I climbed down to get it to see where I was at.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Well I guess it was bound to happen - 02/05/17 06:19 PM

I've done it once. I was pulling my bow up and my pull cord came unclipped. It hit on the idler wheel and bounced 5 or 6' in the air. Climbed down, got it and climbed back up in the stand. I picked a leaf 25 yards away and took a shot. I hit the leaf and kept on hunting. Only damage I had was a cracked quiver hood.

Your sight most likely got moved or bent slightly, but check your rest and make sure everything is straight on it.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Well I guess it was bound to happen - 02/05/17 07:11 PM

I bumped my pack just as I was about to climb down from my stand with my Hoyt Defiant strapped in. It fell 23ft and landed on the stabilizer and then the top edge of the pocket hit. I think my pack helped as the only thing that was wrong was the sights were off a little. This was sometime in Dec and there have been no issues yet.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Well I guess it was bound to happen - 02/05/17 08:04 PM

Run a cottonball over the limbs just to be sure
Posted By: jbc

Re: Well I guess it was bound to happen - 02/06/17 08:46 AM

I always use a 1 hinge limb hanger for my bow, but earlier this year I got in a stand with a 2 hinge already up in the tree... so I used it.

mid way through the hunt I heard a sound and looked over to see it spinning on the tree and getting ready to dump my bow. I took a wild stab at grabbing the bow and got very lucky to catch the top cam with a finger. was very close.

lesson, with the 2 hinge ones, you have to be careful with weight distribution
© 2024 ALDEER.COM