Aldeer.com

Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX

Posted By: M48scout

Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 02:58 PM

I currently crossbow hunt, but am wanting to get into normal compound bow hunting. I currently have zero gear. With prices on new bows being astronomical, this could be an expensive endeavor.

I saw a bow that caught my interest: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX. Comes with what look like decent accessories and looks very lightweight.

My application would be for a DIY elk hunt out west this fall, and normal whitetail here in Alabama. Anyone have one or shot one? Can I regard this bow and those accessories as being reliable?

Thanks for input. I'm clueless on the compound bow world at this point

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 02:59 PM

I can get it for about $650 locally with the total RAK package. So decent deal?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 05:53 PM

New or Used?

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 06:03 PM

The Icon is a good shooter. I've hunted with one the last 2 seasons, two 5x5 elk have expired. It's very light for hiking which is a plus. The bow shoots smooth on the comfort setting, zero hump to get over. I shoot black Eagle 350 arrows, 125gr tips, lighted nocks and I'm around 290+ for speed. I'm lining up a new one for my son right now, he liked it better than his PSE. My hunting buddy that shoots a Switchback is also making the swap after he felt the draw cycle this past season.
If ya want more speed, have the bow set to performance, you'll gain 10-14fps but, the draw cycle will change a bit. I pull 70# and shot my bull sitting on my rear end and the draw was still butter.I like the fact that the draw length is adjustable at home, without a press, or any new mods as well.
Another plus for me is it's not a split limb bow which makes it a little harder to snag when we in the coastal jungles busting though. I do try to avoid that situation though.
The DLX does come with great accessories.

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 06:06 PM

Thank you Kodiak for that feedback. That sounds pretty encouraging. Sounds like it's "elk hunt compatible".

The price I quoted was new from a bow shop, but I wonder if they quoted me the plain Icon and not the DLX version.

Thanks again for real world feedback

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 06:19 PM

Probably a quote on the Icon, not DLX. The Icon bare bow msrp is $649. The normal icon w/RAK pkg is about $750
If you find out the dealer is selling the DLX for that lemme know, I'll buy 2

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 06:49 PM

Haha. Will do. Thought I was clear with him, but maybe not.
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Need opinions: Bowtech Carbon Icon DLX - 02/01/17 09:58 PM

I shot the carbon icon and thought it was a good value. Very little vib for how light it is.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM