Aldeer.com

Almost

Posted By: Standbanger

Almost - 01/18/17 12:18 PM

I have been bow hunting from the ground lately. I got real close yesterday of shooting a big doe. I have a new little spot of overgrown pasture the place is loaded with sign. My setup is a 3 legged stool behind some brush with my bow on a kick stand. I feel as though I might get it done.
Posted By: lawnman

Re: Almost - 01/18/17 12:23 PM

Good luck !
Posted By: bruceleejones2

Re: Almost - 01/18/17 12:30 PM

I have a very similar spot. Nowhere to put my tree stand. I got a shot off with my bow, from the ground, at the biggest doe I have ever seen while hunting. It was very exiting and that's probably why I missed her - plus I misranged her. Still kicking myself. I shot right under her. Good luck!
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Almost - 01/18/17 05:50 PM

It's a lot more comfortable to hunt out of a folding bag chair than one of those 3 legged stools. I've killed 2 does on food plots with my bow like that.
Posted By: bruceleejones2

Re: Almost - 01/18/17 06:05 PM

^^^ This. If I'm not hunting out of a tree stand, I use one of these chairs instead of a standard folding camp-type chair. It's a little expensive compared to cheap camp chairs but portable, comfortable, and most importantly quiet and easy to shoot out of.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Comfort-Max-Tripod-Blind-Chair/2031442.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dfolding%2Bhunting%2Bchair%2Btriangle%2Bseat%26CQ_st%3Db
Posted By: PoohBear

Re: Almost - 01/19/17 08:31 PM

Hey standbagger, I started hunting from the ground 3 years ago with my bow. No luck yet, but I bought a Millinieum tree seat last year and it is super comfortable!!! Yes, they are expensive. But I also have a cheapo three legged seat and I'm only good for about 2 hours and my knees start killing me. Going to upgrade soon.

So therefore, good luck to you! I believe you will "get it done!" I have to watch my weight for my gear because I'm hiking in public land. I can't wait to shoot one on the ground with my bow.

Again, good luck to you!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM