Aldeer.com

String Change

Posted By: Bamahoo

String Change - 12/05/16 06:42 PM

I'm curious how often you change the string on your bow or crossbow. Each year, every three years, how it looks or what.. If possible specify compound or crossbow please.

Thanks Guys!
Posted By: jbc

Re: String Change - 12/05/16 07:02 PM

I think I'm due after this season, which will be my 3rd with bow
Posted By: Shaw

Re: String Change - 12/05/16 07:17 PM

On a compound, if you shoot it most of the year and hunt with it most of the season, replace it yearly. If you practice for several months prior to season and put it up as soon as gun season starts, every 3 years if you take care of it and keep it waxed.
Posted By: jono23

Re: String Change - 12/05/16 07:31 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need one after this season. Its my third "season" having the bow..I didn't shoot much the first year having it and didn't hunt with it, last season I hunted with it some but still didn't shoot a TON, but this past year I shot all the time and have hunted with it more as well. Probably should have been better about waxing it.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: String Change - 12/05/16 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
On a compound, if you shoot it most of the year and hunt with it most of the season, replace it yearly. If you practice for several months prior to season and put it up as soon as gun season starts, every 3 years if you take care of it and keep it waxed.

Good advice. You need to keep an eye on the servings where the sharp bends happen on the cam.

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 10:02 AM

I figured more people would of chimed in on this one. Thanks guys for the feedback
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamahoo
I figured more people would of chimed in on this one. Thanks guys for the feedback

I believe most people feel their opinion is null and void after Shaw speaks his piece in a bow string thread. wink

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Johnal3
Originally Posted By: Bamahoo

I believe most people feel their opinion is null and void after Shaw speaks his piece in a bow string thread. wink

Guess that could be true.

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 11:47 AM

Sorry. Guess I could've waited a few days. grin
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 12:09 PM

I'll bite, so 15 years is too long???

Re: String Change - 12/06/16 02:40 PM

A tad bit.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM