Aldeer.com

Dang thief....

Posted By: RCHRR

Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 08:25 AM

Dang thief ran off with my arrow yesterday evening. I made a good shot on an 8pt. Arrow hit him ( quartering towards me ) right behind the shoulder and was sticking out other side at the base of rib cage. I tracked him for probably 300yrds by flashlight. if he survives I don't know how. That's why it's called hunting but it's been a long time since I've lost a deer. Maybe I'll find him this morning.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 08:32 AM

Good luck!!
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 08:47 AM

If he was quartering to you and you hit behind the shoulder, it probably was a one lung.

Not a great "finding him" shot placement in my opinion, specifically if you went in after him, first thing.

Hope you find him and have some pics!

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: BOFF
If he was quartering to you and you hit behind the shoulder, it probably was a one lung.

Not a great "finding him" shot placement in my opinion, specifically if you went in after him, first thing.

Hope you find him and have some pics!

God Bless,
David B.

Yep, I woulda given him a loooonnnnggggg time before tracking knowing the hit. Hopefully you're out looking today instead of in a tree.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 12:06 PM

Dog
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
Dog

This. If you hit him there he most likely died last night
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 12:24 PM

Call a dog

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 01:00 PM

Looked for a couple hours this morning. Didn't find anything. If there weren't others hunting I'd carried my lab. He's found a couple. BILwasn't keen on that so gotta keep the peace.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
Looked for a couple hours this morning. Didn't find anything. If there weren't others hunting I'd carried my lab. He's found a couple. BLN wasn't keen on that so gotta keep the peace.

I would have told the others in advance where I shot one and I'm going looking for him. If they didn't offer to help, screw em.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 05:59 PM

Looked for a couple hours this morning. Didn't find anything. If there weren't others hunting I'd carried my lab. He's found a couple. BLN wasn't keen on that so gotta keep the peace.

I would have told the others in advance where I shot one and I'm going looking for him. If they didn't offer to help, screw em.

Truth^^^

I wouldn't give up on a buck with a bow, but I also wouldn't shoot one BEHIND the shoulder quartering to me.

Re: Dang thief.... - 11/26/16 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinRN

Truth^^^

I wouldn't give up on a buck with a bow, but I also wouldn't shoot one BEHIND the shoulder quartering to me.

Normally I would not take that shot either but I did. Oh well. First deer I've lost in years.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM