Aldeer.com

One pin sights

Posted By: adamhoodmusic

One pin sights - 11/26/16 01:41 AM

Anybody have a recommendation for a one pin bow sight? For a left hand bowtech
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: One pin sights - 11/26/16 09:38 AM

Go look at them and see what fits your needs. HHA will be hands down the most replied answer on this forum. Go to a forum in another region, you'll get a different answer. I looked at my needs, sight build, adjustment location, mounting profile and went with the black gold ascent verdict and have zero complaints.
Posted By: jbc

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 09:45 AM

I have a spot hogg tommy hogg on my bowtech and love it. wouldn't trade for anything.

have buddies who love their HHA's.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 10:31 AM

Like Kodiak said above, HHA will be 100/1 the most replied answer.

I actually have the HHA XL-5519 on my bow, absolutely love it. I've never shot another brand, so I can't offer comparison opinions, but I'm sure they're all great. Honestly I'm not sure the difference in brands will be the point here though, the real question is "will I like a 1-pin sight?" Resounding YES!!!

I was worried about it, I shot a pendulum for most of my years, then switched to a 5 pin sight 4/5 years ago (and hated it). I was terribly inaccurate with the fixed multi-pin sight. My worry with the 1-pin was the movement required after the deer was in close...not true at all. I leave mine on 20 or 25 yards usually, and can shoot straight down to about 30 yards like that. I have shot at 7 deer since getting my HHA at Christmas last year, and dead-centered all 7 of them, ranging from 10 to 41 yards. I absolutely love mine, sure you will too.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 11:29 AM

I've been using various HHA models for 10 years now and have yet to have a problem with one. My favorite model by far is the Kingpin.
Posted By: flounderpounder

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 12:53 PM

x2 on the Tommy Hogg
Posted By: grundan

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 01:52 PM

Some old threads on subject matter

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=706663&page=1

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1407210

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1846318
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: One pin sights - 11/29/16 06:37 PM

I had a Black Gold that was very nice. If I go back to a single pin I think I will try HHA.
Posted By: JeremyA7

Re: One pin sights - 11/30/16 10:33 PM

I have a CBE TEK Hybrid and I love it. No complaints from me about it.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: One pin sights - 11/30/16 10:58 PM

I've had a black gold, tru glo, cobra, and hha.

For hunting, I would rank them

Hha
Truglo
Black gold
Cobra
Posted By: adamhoodmusic

Re: One pin sights - 12/14/16 03:30 AM

Thanks y'all. This is exactly what I needed to hear!!
Posted By: Stripe

Re: One pin sights - 12/14/16 06:15 AM

A solid dependable one pin is the way to go. Been using a tru glow sense 2003. No problems.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM