Aldeer.com

Bow hanger

Posted By: STALKER8

Bow hanger - 10/31/16 11:54 AM

Folding bow hangers what's the best option..I know it's been talked about but can't find old thread...
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 12:27 PM

I prefer the three section folding. It holds my bow out in front and to my side . They are heavy and I start it by hitting the tree with it.I don't like to reach behind me or worry about knocking it
off my stand. Its out of the way till needed.Heres a great price on one.

http://www.bowhuntingoutlet.com/ez-hanger-bow-hanger-3-arm.html?gclid=CJfG9JPIhdACFQc0aQodeUEETQ
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 12:50 PM

Yep ez hanger
Posted By: bama_tacoma

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 12:54 PM

I bought the ez hanger last week and it is the best purchase I have made in my short bow hunting career.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 02:50 PM

The Thirdhand bow holder. I have them on all my climbers. They are awesome. The great thing is that you don't have to mess with a bow rope you can climb with your bow on the stand. They are amazing.

http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=10
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 03:37 PM

I used to have a thirdhand on one of my climbers. Had a bow slip right out of the holder and fall 25' to the ground. Limbs shattered on impact. I will never put another one of those on any stand I own.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 03:49 PM

I wasted time and money on third hands too. What a piece of junk !
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 04:42 PM

EZ hanger

I use the short one to hang my pack on and the medium one to hang my bow on. Both of them are the piece version.
Posted By: Smoke_Diver

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bama_tacoma
I bought the ez hanger last week and it is the best purchase I have made in my short bow hunting career.

Next to the switchback! thumbup
Posted By: STALKER8

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 05:53 PM

Ordered 2 ez hangers! Thanks guys

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoke_Diver
Originally Posted By: bama_tacoma

Next to the switchback! thumbup

Lol, well of course
Posted By: jono23

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 07:07 PM

I like my thirdhand, but I never climb with it holding my bow.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 07:13 PM

Jono you never climb with your bow, you pull it up on a rope after everything is set to hunt. tell me when you pull your bow up
do you pull it from the top or bottom and why ?
Posted By: jono23

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 07:18 PM

I have the third hand on the top part of my stand. I have my pull up rope attached to the top. When I get to the top I pull it up. The thirdhand holds the bow great. I just don't want a stupid mistake to cause it to fall when I'm climbing, so I pull it up then.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 07:20 PM

I pull mine from the bottom because my quiver is attached to my bow and if I pulled from the top the arrows would drag the ground and possibly dislodge from the quiver.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 08:42 PM

When I pull mine up, I pull it from the top so my arrows don't get hung in any limbs or vines. When I lower it, I do it from the bottom to protect my arrow nocks and to keep my arrows from getting hung up.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 08:51 PM

As for a bow rope, do any of yall use the lewis strapper? I've have had my hanging from my safety vest for years. It's just a plastic pulley.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: muzziehead
I used to have a thirdhand on one of my climbers. Had a bow slip right out of the holder and fall 25' to the ground. Limbs shattered on impact. I will never put another one of those on any stand I own.

Holy Smokes, I have never heard of that happening.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Honolua
The Thirdhand bow holder. I have them on all my climbers. They are awesome. The great thing is that you don't have to mess with a bow rope you can climb with your bow on the stand. They are amazing.

http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=10

x2! This is my first year using one, and I love it. But I don't climb with my crossbow in it. I pull it up after I'm all set up.

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 09:31 PM

No way that thing would hold a xbow while you climb. You'd likely end up in the hospital or worse.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Bow hanger - 10/31/16 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
When I pull mine up, I pull it from the top so my arrows don't get hung in any limbs or vines. When I lower it, I do it from the bottom to protect my arrow nocks and to keep my arrows from getting hung up.

Exactly what I do.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM