Aldeer.com

Crossbow bolts

Posted By: Dkhargroves

Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 02:35 PM

Those of you that are shooting crossbows, what bolts are y'all shooting? Just acquired a Barnett Raptor FX and not sure what to get since I'm used to a compound.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 02:51 PM

http://www.basspro.com/Gold-Tip-Ballistic-Crossbow-Bolt/product/13030105563220/

Out of a vengeance. You have to shoot singles - they'll tear the vanes off they shoot so close together. The farthest I could stretch out in my back yard is 32 yards due to a bunch of privacy fences around the veranda but I only shot one group with them - 3/8".

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
http://www.basspro.com/Gold-Tip-Ballistic-Crossbow-Bolt/product/13030105563220/

Out of a vengeance. You have to shoot singles - they'll tear the vanes off they shoot so close together. The farthest I could stretch out in my back yard is 32 yards due to a bunch of privacy fences around the veranda but I only shot one group with them - 3/8".

Nice! Thanks for the info
Posted By: Geno

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 03:45 PM

Sure - you're welcome.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 07:59 PM

Gold tip laser Pro III. Call David at Wyverns Creations to see if he still has them. I had just whatever Wal-mart sold before that and they will kill deer but there is a big difference in the consistency you get arrow to arrow when buying quality arrows.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 08:05 PM

Whatever you use stick with them. Different bolts fly differently.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 09:31 PM

Black Eagle Executioners
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MS_Hunter
Black Eagle Executioners

I don't shoot these but it was my next purchase. They are suppose to be very good.
Posted By: EarlPitts

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dkhargroves
Those of you that are shooting crossbows, what bolts are y'all shooting? Just acquired a Barnett Raptor FX and not sure what to get since I'm used to a compound.
Make sure you get the bolts that your bow requires. I suggest ordering from Barnett

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/27/16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: EarlPitts

Make sure you get the bolts that your bow requires. I suggest ordering from Barnett

I read on their site that they like Barnett bolts, I'm sure it's a sales pitch tho
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/28/16 05:38 AM

Just a good quality name brand you choose. Shoot all of them and mark any that don't shoot good, if any. The bad one could be a good discharge bolt. Take shoe box or larger box, add old phone books or newspapers, tape a handle to carry it, now you have a cheap discharge or portable target to carry in your vehicle.

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/28/16 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: outdoors1
Just a good quality name brand you choose. Shoot all of them and mark any that don't shoot good, if any. The bad one could be a good discharge bolt. Take shoe box or larger box, add old phone books or newspapers, tape a handle to carry it, now you have a cheap discharge or portable target to carry in your vehicle.

Damn, I didn't think about having to discharge it slap
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/28/16 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: outdoors1

Damn, I didn't think about having to discharge it slap

Academy sells a small bag target for $15 just for that
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/28/16 07:11 AM

I've got the Easton bloodlines they seem to do fine. Just don't shoot carbon express
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Crossbow bolts - 10/28/16 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
Originally Posted By: MS_Hunter
Black Eagle Executioners

I don't shoot these but it was my next purchase. They are suppose to be very good.

Get the .001 straightness. Only problem you will have is tearing up bolts if you shoot at the same dot on your target with one already in it. Or you can put some Lumenoks on them and shoot at the red dot, until you realize them @#$&ers are $10 each.
Posted By: hawkeye_ken

Re: Crossbow bolts - 11/03/16 05:59 PM

Easton full metal jackets.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM