Aldeer.com

Shaw...Hunting with HHALens Kit Question.

Posted By: Honolua

Shaw...Hunting with HHALens Kit Question. - 10/17/16 08:45 PM

I aint never used one at all. what are pros and cons of hunting with one? Eyes are getting worse and worse.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Shaw...Hunting with HHALens Kit Question. - 10/17/16 10:06 PM

The only lens I've ever used on a bow sight was on my tournament rigs when I shot the open classes. It's only a single lens, so it isn't going to be like looking through a rifle scope. If you go with a lens over 3X, you're going to have to use a smaller peep or a peep with a verifying lens in it or the target will be blurry. In my opinion the cons would far outweigh the pros for a hunting application. You'll have two lens to worry about. If you get a drop of water on the lens in the peep, it is damn near impossible to clean out without a can of compressed air. When I first started using a lens, I used a verifier peep. I got away from it pretty quick after shooting a pro/am in the rain once. In order for my scope lens to be clear, I used a 1/16" peep. You wouldn't be able to go that small for hunting.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Shaw...Hunting with HHALens Kit Question. - 10/17/16 10:12 PM

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks buddy. getting old sux.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Shaw...Hunting with HHALens Kit Question. - 10/17/16 10:34 PM

As Shaw says the cons outway the pros. I shoot a lens all summer doing 3d. If its raining you are screwed. Also the late evening low light and you cant see through it very good. I think the biggest factor will be the sun. If the sun is shining on your lens it causes a glare that you cant see past. With the HHA lens kit you have to have allen wrenchs to remove it so if tou have problems you cant just take it off right quick. Just my opinion.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM