Aldeer.com

OK GOOBERS

Posted By: perchjerker

OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 07:30 PM

Time is near. Time to check and double check.Check these
Do you have your thermacell, spares to refill it ?
Do you have more than one flashlight ?
Do you have your TP ?
Your harness ?
A knife easily accessed if you are hanging in your harness ?
Snake boots ?
Something to snack on and drink ?
Something to hang your bow on ?
Something to hang your quiver on ?
Pull up rope ?
License (permit if needed)
Did i forget anything ????
Posted By: Shaw

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 07:39 PM

Safety Harness
Bow
Release
Arras
wink
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 08:13 PM

Spare batteries
Posted By: jono23

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 08:14 PM

I'm so excited I'm pretty sure I'm going to show up without a bow, stand, and maybe even forget my clothes.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 08:50 PM

Pen
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 08:54 PM

Harvest record
Posted By: alhawk

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 09:52 PM

Cell phone stays in my jacket pocket
Posted By: Atoler

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Safety Harness
Bow
Release
Arras
wink

Yep, as long as I've got the essentials, I'm good.
Posted By: MC21

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 10:44 PM

don't forget to buy your license wink
Posted By: Smoke_Diver

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/05/16 11:03 PM

A TP. I may be hunting with a bow but I ain't no injun.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 08:26 AM

Head net

I better pull it all out and do a visual inspection. I'm likely to leave something behind.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Safety Harness
Bow
Release
Arras
wink

+1
Posted By: Remington270

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:07 AM

Game check app or phone number
Paper sheet
Pen
Posted By: Honolua

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:51 AM

Thanks Perch (you heathen). I do need a pull up rope...Lost mine last year.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:55 AM

I got everything but the harness
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 10:16 AM

well I carry extra gloves and headnet, I always loose one, but I didn't list clothing, or bow stuff, just things that go in your backpack.. My quiver, release and arras stay on my bow until up a tree ! I have one of the new 55 dozen quivers !!!! LOL
Posted By: CAM

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
well I carry extra gloves and headnet, I always loose one, but I didn't list clothing, or bow stuff, just things that go in your backpack.. My quiver, release and arras stay on my bow until up a tree ! I have one of the new 55 dozen quivers !!!! LOL

Are you gonna be able to hunt this year Perch?
Posted By: cchoque93

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 12:04 PM

Safety Harness
Bow
Release
Arrows
Camera
Posted By: jbc

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Honolua
Thanks Perch (you heathen). I do need a pull up rope...Lost mine last year.

highly recommend. life changing. get the one with the strap, not the rope. doesn't burn the fingers like the rope. Mine stays on my backpack permanently, one less thing to think about.

http://huntinhoist.com/php/index.php
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 12:49 PM

Face paint
Posted By: Smells

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:05 PM

Water.

Whistle. This is a big deal especially if your hunting in an area with no or poor cell service. Mines on a lanyard around my neck. SOS in morse code is 3 dits(short) 3 dahs (long) 3 dits (short).

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Smells
Water.

Whistle. This is a big deal especially if your hunting in an area with no or poor cell service. Mines on a lanyard around my neck. SOS in morse code is 3 dits(short) 3 dahs (long) 3 dits (short).

Considering that no one knows Morse code, wouldn't long sustained blows be more effective?

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:26 PM

Well I don't know. Everyone who reads the post now knows it including you, but I bet more people know it than you think and even if they don't I'm still betting that a rhythmic, continuous signal will draw more attention than just a blasting whistle. If I'm up a tree and here some fool blowing a whistle I'm probably just going to be mad but if I here a pattern that repeats over and over again I think I'd be more likely to wonder what the heck is going on and maybe get down and go investigate.

Anybody who's ever been in the military should probably recognize SOS and I'm pretty certain if GW or any other law enforcement is within hearing he'll come running.

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:29 PM

Whether you use morse code or just blast away you should never enter the woods without a whistle imo.

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:31 PM

Also, always let someone know where you think you're going to be (of course this could change when you get there and make sure they know that) and when you think you'll be back.

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Smells
Also, always let someone know where you think you're going to be (of course this could change when you get there and make sure they know that) and when you think you'll be back.

Totally agree. I just would guess people fluent in Morse code is way less than 1% (just a guess). Might as well have a bull horn and speak Mandarin Chinese. I think help will just be coming to noise.

Maybe I underestimate Morse code prevalence

Re: OK GOOBERS - 10/06/16 10:15 PM

Didn't mean to give you the wrong idea. In no way am I fluent in morse code. I would think that many if not most people know a few words in several foreign languages: gracias, merci, danka, for example. I know one word in morse code and couldn't communicate beyond that word to save one soul.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM