Aldeer.com

Bow season changes

Posted By: Big AL 76

Bow season changes - 09/30/16 11:07 AM

I noticed some changes..
Friday, September 30, 2016 - 8:15am
The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) has revised its archery regulation for the 2016-17 hunting season. The changes reflect recent advancements in archery technology and clarify what qualifies as legal archery equipment when hunting deer or turkey. The new regulation will be in effect this fall.

One of the most significant changes is the minimum draw weight has been reduced from 35 to 30 pounds.

“The lighter draw weight will provide more hunting opportunities for those who have difficulty drawing a bow in that 35 pound class,” said Marisa Futral, ADCNR Hunter Education Coordinator. “This will make it easier for women and children to enter the world of bowhunting, while still producing sufficient arrow speed and kinetic energy to ethically harvest an animal.”

Additionally, there is no longer a restriction on arrow length, broadhead weight or blade thickness. However, arrows must have a broadhead with at least two sharpened edges and a minimum cutting diameter of seven-eighths of an inch.

Outdated language related to crossbows was also removed from the previous regulation. The revised regulation states that crossbows must be equipped with a working safety and have a minimum peak tension of 85 pounds at normal draw.

http://www.outdooralabama.com/adcnr-announces-revised-archery-regulation
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Bow season changes - 09/30/16 04:12 PM

I guess I need to read the guidebook. Didn't know they had zones and extended the season into Feb for zone A & C.
Posted By: Charles_G

Re: Bow season changes - 09/30/16 04:16 PM

I am looking at the Outdoor Alabama site and they still have 2015-2016 regulations. How can they expect us to follow the rules if they don't publish them before the season starts???
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Bow season changes - 09/30/16 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles_G
I am looking at the Outdoor Alabama site and they still have 2015-2016 regulations. How can they expect us to follow the rules if they don't publish them before the season starts???

My outdoor Alabama ap just updated with the new info and dates within just a couple days ago. Not sure why it would take so long but I agree with you.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM