Aldeer.com

Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews?

Posted By: Coosa1

Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 01:11 PM

I've been a Mathews shooter for years now and am currently shooting a ZXT but the more I look at Elite the more I like them. Has anyone shot that new Impulse that they're making? I'm trying to decide whether I want to make that switch or not.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 01:13 PM

I own one and I love mine. Almost perfectly linear draw and an nearly imperceptible let off. Just my $0.02
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 07:13 PM

Several weeks ago I was trying to decide between the two so I shoot both and then I shoot a new obsession def con 6... I bought the obsession.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 07:14 PM

The impulse was bad to the bone. Personally I would go with the elite.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 08:24 PM

Elite hands down.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 10:51 PM

I don't care for the impulse, I'd go with an energy If I was gonna buy one.

Go shoot all of Em and see what you like. I'd pick a halon 6 over any bow on the market right now.
Posted By: Randy74

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/03/16 11:51 PM

I actually just went through this same dilemma a few weeks ago. Went in and shot about 6-7 different bows. I shot Hoyt, Mathews, and Elite. Those were the main ones that I was interested in that were available at my shop. For me personally it came down to the Impulse and the Halon. I went back several different times and shot these 2 quite a few times each over a week or so. I ended up with the Halon 6. In the end it was the one that felt the best to me but it wasn't an easy decision. They are both great bows as are many others. I would go shoot several and decide what you like best. Each person is different and there are a lot of great bows out there. I do agree however with several people that feel the Halon is one of if not the best shooting bow Mathews has put out. It took me a long time to be willing to part with my switchback but I finally did it and I couldn't be more pleased with the way this bow shoots.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Elite Impulse or stick with Mathews? - 08/05/16 01:53 PM

Go shoot several. Look into Obsession and New Breed too. Between the two you listed though, I'd go Elite.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM