Aldeer.com

Crossbow?

Posted By: boker

Crossbow? - 06/23/16 10:56 AM

I sold my compound and plan to strictly hunt with my long bow this year but I'd like to pick up a good crossbow for rainy days in the shooting house and in case I can get my father ( age 72 ) out to hunt. So what should I be looking for ? Would like to stay under $500
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Crossbow? - 06/23/16 03:13 PM

Crossbows don't to have to be a 400 FPS $1,500 one to kill deer like some people want you to believe. Try to get at least 300 FPS and check out reviews due to limb problems on some name brand models.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Crossbow? - 06/23/16 03:16 PM

I bought a PSE Fang last season and it shoots really well. I don't think you'll find a better xbow for the money. Only negative is scope that comes with it is pretty crappy.
Posted By: Mowens

Re: Crossbow? - 06/25/16 05:17 PM

I got a S.A. sport fever for 125.00 from amazon 2 years ago to try out it's a great little xbow for the little use it gets and my boys can use it as well highly recommend. Only negatives imo the sucktastic aluminium arrows. Immediately swapped for carbon.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Crossbow? - 06/26/16 08:28 AM

My son has a Carbon Express, dang thing will sling a bolt and came with a pretty decent scope as well
Posted By: roltide

Re: Crossbow? - 06/29/16 07:38 PM

If you shoot a deer on rainy day. Gonna be hard to track when rain water washes out blood trail? Cause my experience is they usually run after the arrow/bolt hits em.
Posted By: CDillard

Re: Crossbow? - 06/29/16 11:50 PM

Excaliber Crossbows
Posted By: Clem

Re: Crossbow? - 06/30/16 10:26 AM

Boker, check Bar7Mag's post in the Classifieds for his bow and price, which is under your target price.
Posted By: boker

Re: Crossbow? - 07/01/16 12:20 PM

Thanks
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Crossbow? - 07/01/16 07:21 PM

I think if you can find the Stryker solution 350 around that money you would be very pleased. Very good bow with lifetime warranty. There are many good companies out there but if its something you plan on keeping then I would suggest one with a lifetime warranty. Should be some good deals out there right now but the closer you wait until season the higher they'll be. If you're looking used try archerytalk.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM