Aldeer.com

Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable

Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/22/16 12:15 AM

I shoot g5 montecs and I am unable to get them sharp. I have watched g5's little video that tells you how to resharpen them but can only get them as sharp as a half ass pocket knife blade.

I am fairly good knife sharpener but have found these things are impossible to resharpen.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/22/16 09:04 AM

Magnus Stingers
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/22/16 10:18 AM

Zwickey, Magnus, STOS all make good heads. Best are German Kenitics Silver Flames, made in Germany. Rarely need sharpening and will sharpen easily and sharppppp. Pricey, but the best made by far.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/30/16 06:38 AM

Hellrazors, snuffers... any 3-blade head where the blade runs all the way to the point can easily be sharpened by laying the head on a flat file and pushing it across. Make sure to push it point to back, like how the head would enter an animal. Sharpens two blades at once. Run it 3 or 4 times across the file (not applying a huge amount of pressure), flip it to the next two sides, do likewise, then flip it again for the final two blades. You might have to run the circuit a time or two, depending on how dull the blades are to begin with. You can feel the resistance and the file cutting the metal... it doesn't take too much pressure if your file is good and sharp.

Final step: Run it the same way across a butcher's steel a few times. It should shave the hair right off your arm at this point. If not, go back to the file and repeat.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/30/16 10:03 AM

Anyone shot the Magnus Black Hornet 2- or 4-blade heads? They look pretty darn tough.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/30/16 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
I shoot g5 montecs and I am unable to get them sharp. I have watched g5's little video that tells you how to resharpen them but can only get them as sharp as a half ass pocket knife blade.

I am fairly good knife sharpener but have found these things are impossible to resharpen.

Have you tried a 10" mill file push point with tip aimed from top to handle of file as mentioned? Best way I have found. Their little 'how to' videos are useless.

We Do it Like this:

Posted By: Honolua

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/30/16 05:05 PM

I got some Wac'em Broadheads from the owner to test recently and the fixed blade broadheads are pretty impressive so far. I will be hunting with them this fa1ll for sure. I will post the test review when I am done next week.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Trying to find fixed blade broadheads that are resharpenable - 06/30/16 08:04 PM

Snuffers you just lay a file across 2 of the 3 blades, run it down a few times and they're sharp.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM