Aldeer.com

Kisser button

Posted By: kodiak06

Kisser button - 06/02/16 12:09 PM

Who all uses a kisser? Pros are kinda obvious, any cons? I have always used my fletching but, new arrows aren't gonna play with me. I do try to keep keep the same hand to face anchor at all times, just considering another option
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 12:29 PM

Whatever gets you in the same position each time should work. I have a small piece of orange felt tied to my anchor spot.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 02:12 PM

I shoot a kisser and won't have a bow without one. Alot of bow guys look at me like I am stupid. But I really like them. To me it's just one more way to have a consistent anchor.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 04:14 PM

I do.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 04:28 PM

I shot a kisser button and no peep sight for years without any problems. Allows better low light shooting.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
I shot a kisser button and no peep sight for years without any problems. Allows better low light shooting.

That's about the only reason I could see to shoot one. Between a peep and anchor point, I don't see the point in adding string weight. But it all boils down to personal preference.

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler

That's about the only reason I could see to shoot one. Between a peep and anchor point, I don't see the point in adding string weight. But it all boils down to personal preference.

I just shot a few awhile ago and came to the same conclusion. Same anchor with hand, nose, and peep aligned with sight housing.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 05:44 PM

I use a piece of nock loop cord for a kisser button.

Posted By: XVIII

Re: Kisser button - 06/02/16 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
Originally Posted By: Atoler

I just shot a few awhile ago and came to the same conclusion. Same anchor with hand, nose, and peep aligned with sight housing.

I can tell u a small piece of felt doesn't add much weight.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Kisser button - 06/03/16 09:49 PM

Me
Posted By: James

Re: Kisser button - 06/04/16 10:05 PM

Never have
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Kisser button - 06/07/16 01:06 AM

I started using the serving type kisser button on my new one seems to help
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Kisser button - 06/07/16 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I do.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Kisser button - 06/07/16 08:08 AM

I keep going back and forth about it. For a while I was using a small rubber band knotted onto my string and it worked, but every time I go to a bow shop and talk about it they all want to talk you out of putting one on.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Kisser button - 06/09/16 11:54 PM

I use one, though technically if you are using a single pin slider and shooting big differences in distance you shouldn't as your anchor point is supposed to change.

I screw around at different distances but am a good enough instinctive shooter that I can usually adjust and shoot fairly well with the same anchor
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Kisser button - 06/10/16 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

great idea

Re: Kisser button - 06/14/16 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

Added one a little bit ago, just a smaller type cord, shot to 30, gonna hit the range and launch out to 90 and see if better than yesterday. Weird looking through my peep and seeing the sight picture change so much from 20-90 with the new sight. Was money out to 60, iffy at 70. Getting close to dark and the wind didn't help.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM