Aldeer.com

I'm wanting a new one

Posted By: slick_trick

I'm wanting a new one - 05/30/16 08:54 PM

I got the itch. Been shooting the same one since 08, and its been a good one, a hoyt katera. Just wanting a new bow. Leaning toward an Elite. Energy or Impulse. If you were going to buy a new one tomorrow, what would it be?
Posted By: ADWalters

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/30/16 11:37 PM

Tomorrow?! Probably an Elite, Victory 37. I'm a bit of a Hoyt fan. Elite however, has been catching my eye a lot lately.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 01:52 AM

I bought an energy 32 in December and I had a hoyt. I have nothing bad to say about my elite. I love it.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 11:16 AM

I like the Elites. But if I was going to buy a new bow today the Mathews Halon and the New Breed bows would top my list.
Posted By: NickA

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 03:59 PM

Just bought myself a new one after 10 years with my Bowtech Tribute. I shot a few new Elites, a couple of New Breeds, the Halon and Hoyt Carbon Defiant. In the end, I ordered the Hoyt. The others were great bows but the Carbon Defiant stood out to me. Downside is it won't be in until August frown
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 06:12 PM

PSE Carbon Air
Posted By: Jwattsmojo

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 08:30 PM

Seems to me through my experience if you like a Hoyt you will like and elite and if ya like a Mathews you will like the new breeds . Although I really can't say a bad thing about any of the bows I like them all . There are other brands however I wouldn't shoot feels like bombs going off in your hands lol
Posted By: Atoler

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 05/31/16 10:28 PM

They are mostly all decent nowadays, u sure do like the halon.

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/01/16 06:21 PM

Stopped in Grabow this afternoon, shot the New Breed GX2 and an Elite Impulse. I liked them both but I think I'll end up buying the GX2. Just need some time to figure out if I want black or camo. And sell my old bow.

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/02/16 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: slick_trick
Stopped in Grabow this afternoon, shot the New Breed GX2 and an Elite Impulse. I liked them both but I think I'll end up buying the GX2. Just need some time to figure out if I want black or camo. And sell my old bow.

Did you shoot the blade? If so how did it compare to the GX2?

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/02/16 06:55 PM

I didn't shoot the blade
Posted By: Recurve

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/03/16 08:49 AM

I'm about to order new, heavier limbs for my Black Widow. I'm shooting about 55#s @ 28" draw right now, so it isn't necessary that I do. I just want to go heavier
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/03/16 12:24 PM

Not sure without going and shooting them all. With that said, my main game archery hunting is elk, running and gunning. I got a Bowtech Carbon Icon last year and am really satisfied. It didn't break the bank, is very light, and very quiet. Smooth draw too. My hunting buddy was gonna buy one but, got a killer deal on a Matthews No-Cam yesterday and he really liked that bow. I think the big names all put out an excellent bow, it's just what feels best and how deep into your pockets ya wanna dig.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/03/16 10:10 PM

I want a full blown Olympic style recurve, set up just like the Olympic shooters use. Never shot one.

I have some Hoyt Olympic style risers, but just have never set the bows up that way.
Posted By: AC870

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/04/16 08:41 AM

If I had a pocket full of cash and were buying a compound, it would be a New Breed. If I were buying traditions I really like the look of the Hoyt bows.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/04/16 01:51 PM

Elite has a lifetime transferable warranty. Just saying.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/09/16 09:59 AM

Elite energy 32 no doubt.

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/09/16 03:30 PM

Transferable warranty is a certainly plus. I believe New Breed has one also.

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/09/16 06:37 PM

The new breed does have the transferable warranty.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: I'm wanting a new one - 06/09/16 06:53 PM

Of course the new Hoyt Defiant 30 is a sweet bow.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM