Aldeer.com

Do you hide yo face.

Posted By: kodiak06

Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 09:05 AM

Do you wear a headnet, face mask, face paint, or have a naked face while hunting? I wear face paint. After having to let off on a bull to remove a lightweight mask, I switched over to face paint. I did draw again and wack him though. Pain in the butt getting the paint off but, I haven't lost a mask since and can hear a little better as well. It's just to risky stalking a herd of elk to me to be bare-faced. Too many eyes looking for trouble
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 09:59 AM

Light weight mask for me, never been a problem for me.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Light weight mask for me, never been a problem for me.

Same here. I even wear mine sitting on the ground gun hunting.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 10:38 AM

I'm liking the looks of those Buff warm weather neck gaiter things. Anyone use those for bow huntin' or turkey huntin' ?
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 10:52 AM

I've used a buff turkey hunting but prefer a mesh mask. I've got a scent loc hat facemask combo I wear when deer hunting. I try and pull it down though before bow shoot. Cause I like to feel the string on my face. I face paint sometimes on the weekends when I don't have to worry about washing it off all day

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
I'm liking the looks of those Buff warm weather neck gaiter things. Anyone use those for bow huntin' or turkey huntin' ?

I've checked out the KUIU neck gaiters, thinking of getting the lightweight to wear when we do cold calling on the elk.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 11:05 AM

Naked face, never been a problem
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Atoler

^^^^^This. I usually hold my bow in front of my face as anything approaches, and it breaks up the outline of the face. Anchor points are different with a facemask on. I'm not willing to sight in and practice with a facemask on so I don't hunt with one. It's never cost me a deer.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 12:25 PM

cotton camo mask from Primos....turkey or deer.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 02:08 PM

I can't stand a face mask. Been using paint for years, and yes some of it can be a pain to get off. I started using Carbomask last year and love it. It washes off very easy but won't run or come off because of sweat.

http://www.carbomask.com/carbomask-camo-face-paint-1-5-oz-single-tube/
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 02:34 PM

I use a balaclava. Keeps me warm in winter, but doesn't get too warm unless it's like 70 degrees.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 02:47 PM

I use a cotton face mask that ties in the back. I can't find them like that anymore. Most of them now are stretch fit or that mesh crap. When it gets cold enough, I use a neck gaiter from Avery.

Same goes for gloves. I use the all cotton gloves with a 4" cuff. I can't find them like that anymore, either. Now most are stretch fit, mesh, or have that grip crap on the palms and fingers.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 03:42 PM

Lite mask
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 04:02 PM

i use face paint. can't stand wearing a mask when shooting my bow. i have used carbomask and it is good stuff and easy to get off. the last couple of years i have been using the Dead Down Wind face paint. it has 3 or 4 colors and its easier to apply than carbomask. It comes in a mini deodorant stick so you just roll it up and smear it on without ever touching it. it comes off just as easy as carbomask does.

http://www.deaddownwind.com/shop/Products/4-Color-Face-Paint__1255BC.aspx
Posted By: bbrown2933

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
I can't stand a face mask. Been using paint for years, and yes some of it can be a pain to get off. I started using Carbomask last year and love it. It washes off very easy but won't run or come off because of sweat.

Carbomask is some good stuff. It dries quickly and removal is a breeze.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
Do you wear a headnet, face mask, face paint, or have a naked face while hunting? I wear face paint. After having to let off on a bull to remove a lightweight mask, I switched over to face paint. I did draw again and wack him though. Pain in the butt getting the paint off but, I haven't lost a mask since and can hear a little better as well. It's just to risky stalking a herd of elk to me to be bare-faced. Too many eyes looking for trouble

I don't hide face in a tree stand......but I bet you are on the ground? Probably apples to oranges.

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/22/16 11:51 PM

Yea, on the ground and generally stalking, sometimes from as far as 500yds away. Works as long as ya take your time. Usually if ya get busted, it's a cow bedded that stands up or a spike. Whitetail hunting down there, I'm usually face covered as well.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 08:05 AM

Mask always.
Posted By: skintback

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 08:28 AM

sometimes i use face paint, sometimes i'm naked, only use a face mask if it extremely cold, and then its a fleece neck gator I pull up to my nose.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 01:55 PM

Paint, but just enough to knock the "shine" off in early season.

Mask in late season if it gets cold.

I'm always facing north in any set so the sun is to my back at some direction...morning or evening. I've found this to be more important than hiding my face with mask or paint.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

I'm always facing north in any set so the sun is to my back at some direction...morning or evening. I've found this to be more important than hiding my face with mask or paint.

I'd suggest a full face mask for you. You don't want to inadvertently ugly a deer to death. laugh
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 02:27 PM

Gotta have a mask with mesh over my eyes to cover up my glasses

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 02:47 PM

Wonder what Yekrut uses for a face mask? A 50# burlap sack? grin
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 02:51 PM

Wonder what Yekrut uses for a face mask? A 50# burlap sack? grin

Aw hell. LOL!!!!! laugh
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe
Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

I'd suggest a full face mask for you. You don't want to inadvertently ugly a deer to death. laugh

Truth. grin
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Mbrock

Originally Posted By: Atoler

^^^^^This. I usually hold my bow in front of my face as anything approaches, and it breaks up the outline of the face. Anchor points are different with a facemask on. I'm not willing to sight in and practice with a facemask on so I don't hunt with one. It's never cost me a deer.

+1
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bbrown2933

Carbomask is some good stuff. It dries quickly and removal is a breeze.

X2!
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

That's one of the best ways to kill a deer, unless he tears 'em up too bad!
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 06:40 PM

I wear a camo cap unless its too cold and then i wear a face mask. If a deer is walking by I look down toward the ground and peak out right below the bill of my cap. If it's in the 30's or below you better believe I'm wearing a fleece face mask.

I feel butt naked having anything less than a cap on. This question weighs heavily on how much cover you have in relation to your shooting lanes.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/23/16 10:37 PM

A mask is more for the hunters ease than a deers. I've killed way too many deer with a bow, wearing khakis and a flannel shirt to believe Camo or face cover has a dang thing to do with it. Silhouette and movement are how a deer sees you.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/24/16 08:31 AM

What he said.

Carbomask is the ticket. Been using it for years.

I always take several tubes on elk hunts and just leave them in the bathroom at the lodge. It doesn't take but about 2 days and everyone in camp is using it.

GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 08:30 AM

I was gonna order some of that but, while in a small National Guard xchange, grabbed a 3 pack of the ACU paints. Gotta test before season and se how hard to clean off. If a pain, I'm ordering the Carbomask.

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 09:55 AM

The best thing you can use to remove face paint is unscented baby wipes.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 12:17 PM

Yeah, that's the ticket. I've been using it for several year.

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 01:08 PM

The best thing you can use to remove face paint is unscented baby wipes.

Haven't tried those. I use women's make-up removal wipes, they work well too.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 03:03 PM

Mask for me, can not stand face paint, had enough of that crap in the army.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 07:28 PM

I used a face mask for years but now only wear one when it gets colder. I have never had a deer spook by not wearing one and I try to always setup on the dark side of the tree in the shade.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/25/16 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Squadron77
.I have never had a deer spook by not wearing one and I try to always setup on the dark side of the tree in the shade.

Yep.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 05/30/16 10:18 AM

No mask, no paint. Sometimes don't even wear camo.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Do you hide yo face. - 06/01/16 08:06 PM

Face paint. When it gets cold I wear an under armour mask that is skin tight.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM