Aldeer.com

pro shop question

Posted By: countryjwh

pro shop question - 02/12/16 03:51 PM

I asked ny pro shop if they could tune my bow to shoot fixed blades,what would you do if they said yes but you know fixed dont always hit where field points will. From what i have seen online Should be to get them to. Should pro shop know this or is it a myth? I am thinking about changing next year but won't if they can't shoot with my field points.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: pro shop question - 02/12/16 04:45 PM

A pro-shop has never done more than paper tune my bow. Sometimes a simple paper tune will get them perfectly together. Other times they will be close but not the same holes. This is where you will have to broadhead tune. Some pro-shops may do this, but not the ones I have used in the past. I will know exactly what save big outdoors does whenever I get home.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: pro shop question - 02/12/16 05:03 PM

Not all bows can be tuned to shoot field points and broadheads exactly the same. Not all shooters have the proper form and consistency to do so. Broadhead tuning a bow can be a very long drawn out tedious process depending on the shooter. So, it's not worth a shop's time to do so. For that reason I don't offer that service. It's something the shooter really needs to do themselves. Most of the time it has to be done over several different sessions. I will help guide anyone who's bow I set up through the process if they have any questions or need any help.

Re: pro shop question - 02/12/16 08:40 PM

That explains it. If they paper tune it theni should have no problems knowing if it will shoot the same shot by next year then. I reckon i can do it. I bout to put the hdx on it and maybe a new string. Mines only 2 years old though and looks fine. Thanks.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: pro shop question - 02/12/16 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Not all bows can be tuned to shoot field points and broadheads exactly the same. Not all shooters have the proper form and consistency to do so. Broadhead tuning a bow can be a very long drawn out tedious process depending on the shooter. So, it's not worth a shop's time to do so. For that reason I don't offer that service. It's something the shooter really needs to do themselves. Most of the time it has to be done over several different sessions. I will help guide anyone who's bow I set up through the process if they have any questions or need any help.

beers

I have some that will, some that won't.

Re: pro shop question - 02/13/16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

You to come to mobile? grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM