Aldeer.com

Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght

Posted By: Bowfool

Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/02/16 03:27 PM

Have not been hunting in a month. Was going to shoot the three Klillzones I had to practice before going afield with and they all flew horrible and seemed to be opening in flght. I cleaned them out good and made sure they were competely closed no help. Shot a gator and a g3 montec and field point all flew well. Bow looks good. Anyone had this trouble?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/02/16 03:57 PM

How easily do they open by hand? Do they spin true?
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/02/16 04:35 PM

Throw them away.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 12:54 PM

Mine seem very secure when closed. Anyone else had any trouble with these broadheads? I'm 2 for 2 with them and have been happy with the results. Hopefully this is not a problem I don't know about.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 12:59 PM

I've been more than pleased with mine. Have you shot them into a target before or taken them apart.

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 01:00 PM

Never haven't had any problems whatsoever with them. Bowfool, are they the 2" cut or the Maxx version?
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 03:52 PM

They are 2". They spin true. Yes I have shot them into a Block target. They snap together and seem secure. I tried them out of another bow same result. Never taken apart. Only shot them about a dozen times. Plan to call the company tomorrow.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 03:53 PM

With them screwed into the arrow can you hit the broadhead against something and the blades stay closed?

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/03/16 04:09 PM

I don't know what it could be. They aren't opening in flight, I can pretty much tell you that. I know Cullbuck had issues with the Maxx version flying with his field points. The only thing I could figure that caused his issue was with the cut diameter being bigger, the blades were just high enough to react like a fixed blade out of his bow. Are they ones you've got the same weight as your field points?
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Killzone Trophy Tip 100 Opening in flght - 01/09/16 06:06 PM

This is my third kill with the killzones and I love them so far. I killed this buck last Sunday with the same head I killed a doe with early in bow season. I just put replacement blades on it and put it back in my quiver in the #1 spot. Just put new blades on it again today.
The shot on this buck was 30 yards. I did not get an exit but it really tore him up inside. He only went about 100 yards. Almost the same shot on a 205 lb. buck last year and same results. They do major damage.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM