Aldeer.com

Feeling better about it...

Posted By: eclipse829

Feeling better about it... - 12/14/15 12:16 PM

I had been seeing a decent 8 point crossing the road consistently in the same area. 3 weeks ago, I decided to stop and ask permission to bow hunt the area. The landowner was glad to let me hunt it with a bow. I hung a couple stands and hunted it twice without seeing anything.

Friday, I hung a camera on a trail I found and I went and pulled the card this morning. I have 5 different Bucks, in the daylight!!!! One is the 8 point. the others need a couple more years. There is one cow horn that appears to be older. I'll have to evaluate him on the hoof.

All bucks came through between 8:30 and 10:00 over the last 2 days.

Guess where I'll be in the morning?
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/14/15 12:32 PM

You need help cutting them off??? laugh
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/14/15 12:44 PM

Pics or it ain't true!

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/14/15 01:25 PM

I'll post pics tomorrow. I took a digital cam with me to check camera and put the card back in it. I'll take an extra card tomorrow. I had 52 pics in 2 days. Not bad. A bunch of does.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/14/15 02:28 PM

Hopefully you will put him on the ground buddy.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/16/15 01:38 PM

We need an update!

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/16/15 09:34 PM

1st sit yesterday morning. about 8:AM I heard something walking towards my stand. Suddenly, the landowners golden retriever appeared and wandered around for a few minutes, took a big steaming crap about 10 feet from the base of my tree. He didn't know I was anywhere around. I though he left the area and I thought no big deal because these deer are somewhat used to tis dog. What I didn't realize was that he only went about 20 feet behind my stand and laid down. Once I realized that, I got down and left. I'm going tomorrow and I've got him a bone that I'm gonna toss under the deck at the house and maybe that will keep him occupied for a couple hours.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Feeling better about it... - 12/17/15 02:41 AM

Feed him some corn, maybe he will so graciously plant another brown spot near the base of your tree
© 2024 ALDEER.COM