Aldeer.com

Hunting arrow sub thread

Posted By: ColeT

Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 07:17 PM

I've narrowed my arrow choices down to the Easton fmj, carbon express maxima red, victory vap, and gold tip xr hunter. What are some pros and cons of each. I know y'all say the fmj bends but a good friend of mine has never had that happen.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 09:10 PM

I like the carbon express blues...they seem a little tougher to me than the reds but maybe that's just me
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 09:19 PM

Gold Tip XT's..... Good price, consistent and tough as hell. Con for some..... You won't be buying new arrows every year unless you lose them.
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 09:32 PM

I don't have them but a buddy shoots the FMJ's and they penetrate atlas 2 inches more than my axis. If swhacker made deep 6 I would shoot FMJ's.
Posted By: Climber1

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 09:37 PM

I switched from Easton Axis to FMJs this year. I can't tell a lot of difference in their shootability but the FJM's sure are easier to pull out of targets.
Posted By: woodsrider

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 10:13 PM

I have been really pleased with Victory VAP's, they are a great hunting arrow !
Posted By: captjab

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/07/15 11:52 PM

I can only talk about the GT Hunters and FMJ's. Yes, FMJ's can bend if pulled out of the target wrong or if they are hit hard with other arrows, but both of these issues can be prevented very easily.
GT's aren't bad, but I really had a tough time building them to the weight I wanted.
FMJ's can bend, but I have some that I've been shooting for over 5 years that are still true.
FMJ's are less likely to blow up at release and ruin your hand.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/08/15 08:59 AM

I'm no longer a fan of the carbon express blues. I know a lot of people think highly of them and this is just my experience, but I've had three split at the nock end after shooting a deer. 2 complete pass throughs that didn't appear to hit anything and 1 I drilled the offside shoulder on. Not sure why I had bad luck, but won't be buying them again.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/08/15 09:11 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with my Beaman ICS Hunters ... I love to shoot them and I've never had a problem with them. But ... I hate it when I miss a long shot and they go into the woods ... can get really spensive ...
Posted By: flounderpounder

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/08/15 09:26 AM

VAPS hands down!
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/08/15 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Jwbfx4
I'm no longer a fan of the carbon express blues. I know a lot of people think highly of them and this is just my experience, but I've had three split at the nock end after shooting a deer. 2 complete pass throughs that didn't appear to hit anything and 1 I drilled the offside shoulder on. Not sure why I had bad luck, but won't be buying them again.

I don't blame you. Sounds like some bad luck. I have only broke one and that was my fault. I have probably shot 10 deer with them. I had an experience similar to yours with the reds.
Posted By: CrimsonWSM

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/10/15 08:24 AM

I really like the Beeman ICS Hunters.Ive been using them for quite a while now.I dont see how a arrow could shoot any better lol
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/10/15 05:02 PM

I have tried all those except the vaps. I didn't have very good consistency with the fmj. I shoot the maxima reds and the GT XT hunters pretty much the same. The CX are made in Korea are more expensive than the GT.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/11/15 01:08 PM

I had the maxima reds and did not like them. I switched from GT xt hunter and will be going back to them with the new bow. Stupid move for me to make. Don't fall into all the hype with the weight forward stuff. I have never personally shot FMJs but have heard a lot of bad things about them from people who have purchased them recently.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/11/15 03:31 PM

I have shot Easton Deep Six FMJ 330's for 2 years now. They are great arrows. 11.0 gpi.

consistently deeper penetration than anyone I shoot with.

[img:center][/img]
Posted By: Charles_G

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/11/15 05:07 PM

Gold Tip, all day. And if that doesn't work, go find a pointy stick, cause arrows won't work. I have 2 Gold Tip Kinetics that have gone through thick plywood (not paneling) multiple times and are still going strong, and 2 more that will be back in rotation as soon as i get more vanes for them (not attached well from the factory). I don't think you can find a tougher shaft.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/25/15 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: clarkdeer
I have tried all those except the vaps. I didn't have very good consistency with the fmj. I shoot the maxima reds and the GT XT hunters pretty much the same. The CX are made in Korea are more expensive than the GT.

Well I just read where Gold Tips are made in Mexico. Didn't know that. Maybe it doesn't matter, I just thought they were American made. Oh well
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/25/15 07:16 PM

These things are pretty dang strong. Been using them for years

8.1 gpi I will begoing heavier next time
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/25/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: jbc
I have shot Easton Deep Six FMJ 330's for 2 years now. They are great arrows. 11.0 gpi.

consistently deeper penetration than anyone I shoot with.

Those look awesome...heavier too. I will be going heavier next time but will probably stay with the same arrow.

what's your bow set up?
Posted By: jbc

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/29/15 11:05 AM

70# Bowtech RPM360.

I had white pathfinder wraps last year, and I think I liked them better.

Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Hunting arrow sub thread - 12/29/15 12:32 PM

I shoot Maxima Red 350's, love them!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM