Aldeer.com

Getting Back Into Bow Hunting

Posted By: CCC

Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 08:31 AM

I bought a bow back in 2001 when I was in school at AU and bow hunted for several years. After I graduated, bowhunting became less and less frequent for me, to the point that I haven't been since 2010 and my bow has been sitting up unused.

I've got the desire to give it another shot. What knowledgeable shops are close to Bham that I can go to and have my bow looked at, re-strung, and tuned? I really don't like going to Marks, only as a last resort. I am not looking to spend a bunch of money, but I do want to get everything ready to go again. Any comment about Grabow Outdoors?

Thanks
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 08:35 AM

Grabow's or Nichols in pelham, both are just fine. If you go to nichol's, get buddy to look at it. I wouldn't let the others mess with it.
Posted By: rut_n_strut75

Re: Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 09:52 AM

Heard lots of good things about Grabows and Nichols. I wouldnt hesitate to let either one work on mine.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 10:44 AM

Nichols is great. I ride up from Montgomery to go there.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 11:02 AM

I have not dealt with grabows much, but they have done a good job from what I seen.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Getting Back Into Bow Hunting - 11/02/15 12:18 PM

Nichols just set me up! I was in the same situation as you. Not crowded, small shop, decent range so you can shoot a bow or two. I was pleased with their knowledge and service.

I have never been to graybo
© 2024 ALDEER.COM