Aldeer.com

Bright colors on bow

Posted By: Surefire1911

Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 09:50 PM

For those of you that do it, why? Seems counter productive after going all out with camo everything only to put as much highlighter green as possible on your bow. Does it look that cool to you? Not directed at anyone in particular, just seems like a lot of people do it.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 09:52 PM

Doesn't make a difference.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 10:11 PM

Deer are color blind......
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: alhawk
Deer are color blind......

I am color blind. Hope Shaw didn't give me a pink string!
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 11:25 PM

I've put orange Bow-Jax limb silencers and dampener inserts on my Mathews Chill. I wanted to get Shaw to build a orange and black string for it but time got away and the season opened. I've got orange fletchings on my arrows. Hell, I'm 55 and still trying to be cool I guess! grin
Orange is my favorite color.
I hope I'm not catching the gay!
Posted By: alight1983

Re: Bright colors on bow - 10/31/15 11:26 PM

Leaves are green. At least til they change
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 07:47 AM

Yeap, it looks that cool to me. I kill this chit out of deer with mine, so I reckon they don't mind it.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 08:38 AM

I don't have them ...and I kinda want some for mine ....I think they look good.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 11:49 AM

Deer are not completely colorblind and in my opinion can see the glow off of those fluorescent colored strings. I had all of the flo green accents and a solid flo green string set on my Z7 a few seasons back. I got busted at least 3 times trying to get shots on deer. May have just been a coincidence, but I hung that bow up and pulled out my old Q2 with a brown & black string and didn't get busted again the rest that season.
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 12:35 PM

Works on tv.
Posted By: TooTall

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 03:04 PM

I don't accent my bow, but my bow is not camouflaged either, just solid brown. Also, I have not worn camouflage for the last 2 seasons and I have not been busted by a deer seeing me yet.

I typically hunt from lock-ons, I always make sure I have background limbs and do my best to draw when I have the animal's view obstructed. I think if you do these type of things, colors do not matter as much. If I hunted from climbers more or hunted areas blind without being able to get the "perfect" tree, I might wear camo.

To each his own, it depends on your style and what you enjoy, I think camo is overrated for whitetails. Being still and moving at the right time is the most important.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 03:54 PM

From what I have read, about he only color deer can really make out is blue.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 05:04 PM

95% of being cool is looking cool

Originally Posted By: BamaBart
I've put orange Bow-Jax limb silencers and dampener inserts on my Mathews Chill. I wanted to get Shaw to build a orange and black string for it but time got away and the season opened. I've got orange fletchings on my arrows. Hell, I'm 55 and still trying to be cool I guess! grin
Orange is my favorite color.
I hope I'm not catching the gay!
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Bright colors on bow - 11/01/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: sbo1971
From what I have read, about he only color deer can really make out is blue.

This is what I have always read also.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM