Aldeer.com

Rain suits

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Rain suits - 10/31/15 04:06 PM

I've been using a Mossy Oak brand rain suit for years. It has served me well. Now I'm looking at getting new one. I'm looking for something alittle lighter(more packable) and quiet. And, of course, it needs to be waterproof. Any of y'all using any meeting those specs? Any input on the matter would be appreciated.

Although, I'm really enjoying my tree umbrella right now. Haha
Posted By: RonBuck

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 04:31 PM

frog togs
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: RonBuck
frog togs

I've never seen a Frog Togg that was quiet. Do they make different ones?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: RonBuck
frog togs

I've never seen a Frog Togg that was quiet. Do they make different ones?

Me either.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 05:47 PM

Money = Sitka

Budget = Cabela's or BPS
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 07:10 PM

I've got a cabelas silent seude suit and I like it a lot.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 07:20 PM

I've got the frog toggs and when they get some water on them you can't really hear them over the rain hitting the leaves on the trees
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 07:22 PM

Frogg Toggs

Re: Rain suits - 10/31/15 08:51 PM

They make lots of frog togs for the money there good .. Sitka is good stuff but pricey .
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Rain suits - 11/01/15 05:10 PM

I have used the frogg Togg brand before and I honestly dont think they make anything that is 100% waterproof in steady rain!

Re: Rain suits - 11/01/15 05:46 PM

I don't know what Frogg Toggs you got but mine keep me dry as a whistle .. They sell done wal mart ones that ain't to spiffy , but the ones I picked up from Bass Pro are jam up
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Rain suits - 11/02/15 03:44 PM

I've got a Cabela's Dry Plus made out of the silent suede that has served me well. I killed a 123" 8pt with my bow the first time I wore it.
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Rain suits - 11/02/15 03:54 PM

I have a Browning GorTex rain suit in Mossy Oak Break Up. They're well made and will keep you dry but can get hot on warm days. I think most rain suits are hot when they are zipped up all the way.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Rain suits - 11/02/15 03:57 PM

One thing to remember about rain gear.

"IF IT'S NOT RUBBER.....IT'S NOT WATERPROOF"

That being said, as far as "waterproof" hunting clothes go, Cabelas Revolution Fleece is dang hard to beat for everyday hunting gear that will keep you dry for an extended period of time.

I've spend many many many weeks in a row in Alaska in rain, fog, snow, etc. in my Revolution gear and I've stayed dry. Of course on very wet days I'd put true rain gear on top of the Cabelas gear.

If you are wanting a slip on set of rain gear, as Shaw said...the Cabelas Rain Suede is good stuff.
Posted By: Climber1

Re: Rain suits - 11/02/15 06:13 PM

I have used Frogg Tog and Cabelas Silent Suede and while they are good, an all day sit in the rain will get you clammy for sure. I bought some First Lite gear last year and its awesome. Pricey but packs down to nothing and breathes really well while staying waterproof.
Posted By: khunter

Re: Rain suits - 11/02/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
I've got a Cabela's Dry Plus made out of the silent suede that has served me well. I killed a 123" 8pt with my bow the first time I wore it.

+1. I bought a set in Seclusion 3D 11 yrs ago and they're still going strong. If the quality is the same as in the past, Cabela's brands are worth the money.

Btw, first post here and love the site.
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: Rain suits - 11/03/15 04:03 PM

I use frogg toggs from academy and no problems what so ever.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM