Aldeer.com

Slick trick?

Posted By: Surefire1911

Slick trick? - 07/21/15 09:55 PM

Who all uses slick tricks? Which type? Performance?
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 12:55 AM

Slick trick mags will put a slug hole through a deer just about every time.I'm guilty of trying different heads when something new and supposidly awesome comes out but the tricks are my tried and true. They fly like field tips and are very consistent- good blood trails. I shot the grizz trick for a while with the larger cutting diameter and they seemed to hiss a little in flight. They also didn't seem to group as tight as the mags but that could of been the tunning of my bow.

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 05:44 AM

Ever tried the viper tricks?
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 06:05 AM

My son and I both shoot them. As good as I have ever used for the money IMO.
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 06:51 AM

I used the magnums this year..I wish I would have taken a picture of the entrance and exit holes..they were unbelievable.
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 08:17 AM

I use both the Magnums and Grizz Tricks.Over 4 seasons Magnums kills 2 kills both ran about 20-30yds fell over dead. Grizz Tricks 4 kills all died in their tracks. Them Grizz Tricks are rough on them.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 08:27 AM

They're the best fixed heads I've ever shot. This is a hole from a magnum:

Last year I swapped to the NAP Killzones. This is the hole from it:

Posted By: hosscat

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 08:31 AM

I shoot Slick Trick 125 grain. I don't think mine are the magnums. I bought a three pack probably 6 years ago, and I am still shooting the same three. I have since bought 6 more, they fly great, and with a well placed shot they will perform exactly like they are supposed to every time with no exceptions.

Plus they are extremely durable, I don't know how many animals I have killed with mine but several. I just re-sharpen the blades and use them again and again.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: Slick trick? - 07/22/15 10:10 PM

I've been shooting the 100grain slick trick mags. Very happy with the results
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 05:59 AM

100 grain magnums here. Amazing heads. I've killed about 20 or so with them since 2011. Blood trails are great. They fly great.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 08:53 AM

100 grain mags also. Always great results...
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Jwbfx4
I've been shooting the 100grain slick trick mags......

X2 they're great!

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 08:42 PM

Just picked up some 100gr magnums and a buddy of mine has some 125 viper tricks for me to try out this weekend . Thanks for all the replys!!

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 08:50 PM

Let me demonstrate.

Take this.....

Follow this....

Find this.......

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
Let me demonstrate.

Take this.....

Follow this....

Find this.......
. That's just nasty! I think I'm gonna like these

Re: Slick trick? - 07/23/15 09:07 PM

If you don't ship them to me.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Slick trick? - 07/24/15 08:46 AM

You deflate both airbags they'll all do that. wink

Posted By: Shotts

Re: Slick trick? - 07/24/15 08:48 PM

I shoot tricks as well very pleased with them over the last 4 years. Knock on wood I haven't lost a deer shot with a trick yet, and they do produce some awesome slug holes.

I have only had to track about 1/2 more than 60yards, one of which was a large Nebraska buck. I shot him a little far back and he left wide open. He went right by a buddies stand about 100 yards down so fast that he text me and ask what it was, but it was futile. He ran out of gas or blood rather right at the creek. So we borrowed a canoe and floated him out. You couldn't have drawn a line from the truck to my stand to where he gave up the ghost and it been any straighter and just over 3 miles. It's a good thing where we hunt in Nebraska is flat because that would have been a long drag. Plus I was less than a week out from carpal tunel surgery.

Thank fully by the time I got back with the canoe my two hunting buddies had gutted him and had him ready for the float ride. Anyways with any luck come October I will be slinging them again.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM