Aldeer.com

Practice regimen to get ready for bow season

Posted By: SouthernGent87

Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 09:14 AM

Wanted to see how you guys practice to get ready for bow season. Anyone have a practice regimen that works really well for them?
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 09:29 AM

I typically just try to shoot a few arrows every day. varying distances and not always 20/30/40, but random distances. I also start practicing trying to eyeball ranges as closely as possible.

One of my favorite things to do is to take at least 1 "Cold Shot" every day. go out and take a single shot from a random distance with no "warming up" or anything. just 1 shot that is "make or break". you don't get to "warm up" or practice in a deer stand.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 10:43 AM

I may shoot a dozen or so arrows a day maybe 3 times a week this time of year. About the middle of September once I know my junk is ready, it's one arrow a day. You don't get warm up shots at deer. wink
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 12:44 PM

Once or twice a week when Sept comes. But it helps using the same bow goin on 11 years. If your just getting started in bowhunting:

- shoot a few everyday
- shoot from your treestand at hunting heights
- shoot with your hunting clothes on so you know your bowstring won't slap
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 02:31 PM

I try to shoot at least 30-40 shots a day starting oct. 1 all the way to sept. 30 at distances varying from 10 to 60 yds. Sometimes move on out to 100yds but not often.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 05:49 PM

How many you shooting a day right now Sluggun, a couple of thousand? grin
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/21/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
How many you shooting a day right now Sluggun, a couple of thousand? grin

4 to 6 ten shot rounds after work. just hope im ready.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/22/15 03:31 PM

Stand on a bucket and shoot 50 yards. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball
Posted By: PineStalker89

Re: Practice regimen to get ready for bow season - 07/22/15 05:46 PM

I shoot 15-30 shots daily working on form. I shoot at pieces of tape the size of a nickel on my target at various yardage. Aim small, miss small.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM