Aldeer.com

Draw length

Posted By: JCarter

Draw length - 03/01/15 09:08 PM

I am anchoring by feeling my index finger on my ear lobe. Guy at the range said I should go down a inch atleast. Shooing mathews so it's not cheap to switch was wondering if that sounded like creditable info I got from him
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Draw length - 03/01/15 09:25 PM

Measure your arm span in inches and divide by 2.5. This is your approximate draw length.

You will most likely shoot best with a bow that is setup within a 1/4" of this measurement. Most folks shoot bows that are at least 1" too long for them b/c they don't know any better and they want to get all the speed they can.

Re: Draw length - 03/01/15 09:30 PM

Measured it's about 26.5... I got a X on the range and good group. Getting 254fps with the carbon express I got on trade with the bow and he put a victory threw and got 274.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Draw length - 03/02/15 06:39 AM

I measure 26.5" also. I've got my bows set up with 26" cams. Most draw lengths on Mathews bows run 1/4 to 3/8" long.
Posted By: fourfive45

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 11:35 AM

As far as draw lengths are concerned, I know several guys who shoot a hair over their "draw length". Truth is, if you have a consistent anchor point, then you'll be a consistent shot. Plus, more inches on the DL = more FPS. Shoot whatever you are comfortable with.

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 11:50 AM

It's better for your draw length to be short than too long, especially on a hunting rig. More speed just means you'll miss faster. wink
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 04:09 PM

Seems like if anything other than maybe your wrist is touching your ear, then it is probably too long. I shoot a 29 and it is a hair too long for me with the d loop. I anchor with the string touching my nose, and thumb on my jaw. But hell, if you are shooting good with it, then leave it if you want.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 08:14 PM

Try going somewhere and shooting a similar bow with a shorter draw.

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 09:46 PM

Got a 26" for 35 bucks tyd just going to have him throw it on and see how I like it.

Re: Draw length - 03/04/15 09:47 PM

Thanks shaw for the archery talk link that is where I found the deal on the cam

Re: Draw length - 03/05/15 06:39 AM

thumbup I'm guessing you'll like that 26 better.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM