Aldeer.com

Who shoots in auburn?

Posted By: MandoJoe

Who shoots in auburn? - 02/28/15 06:08 PM

Anyone in auburn shoots? No one at work shoots and looking for some buddy's to shoot with
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 04:29 AM

Go to Sportsmans Outpost. They're starting their 3-D tournaments. Better not let the neighbors see ya shooting cause you might get a visit from the local boys. It's against the law in Auburn.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 09:17 AM

Hadn't been caught yet. But thanks
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
Go to Sportsmans Outpost. They're starting their 3-D tournaments. Better not let the neighbors see ya shooting cause you might get a visit from the local boys. It's against the law in Auburn.

Are you serious?
Posted By: WildRivers

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 10:10 AM

I live in the heart of AU, just off campus. I have shot in my neighborhood since I moved in. Have a long open lot sorrounded by woods in front of my home. I have always left my deer target up during season and have had no problems for 4 yrs. Came home at lunch to let the dogs outs out mid season. I was standing in the open lot where target is located when two police cruisers roll up. They walked up and looked at my target then stood talking for a minute. I approached and asked if anything was wrong. They just received a report I was deer hunting in the open lot? They politely informed me it was against the law to discharge a bow or even a pellet rifle in the city. Both were very respectful officers, complimented my target setup, then told me to put Bucky up!

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: WildRivers
I live in the heart of AU, just off campus. I have shot in my neighborhood since I moved in. Have a long open lot sorrounded by woods in front of my home. I have always left my deer target up during season and have had no problems for 4 yrs. Came home at lunch to let the dogs outs out mid season. I was standing in the open lot where target is located when two police cruisers roll up. They walked up and looked at my target then stood talking for a minute. I approached and asked if anything was wrong. They just received a report I was deer hunting in the open lot? They politely informed me it was against the law to discharge a bow or even a pellet rifle in the city. Both were very respectful officers, complimented my target setup, then told me to put Bucky up!

That is crazy.. wouldn't have ever believed that.. WOW!! Never knew

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 10:30 AM

I would have ever thought that was the case. guess I better not do this again. Thanks
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 11:27 AM

Correct on both things RCH! Can't even shoot a dang sling shot in Auburn. That's why I live in the Poka!
Posted By: Ike McCaslin

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 01:10 PM

I have a buddy that got "reported " for the exact same garbage last summer. It was the first we'd ever heard of it too. They didn't even tell him to stop shooting or put his target up once they realized his setup was safe...which I reckon was about as decent as could be expected.

I'm completely confident in my ability to be unequivocally safe with my bow and a good backstop...and I'll shoot in my yard when I want to. I hope I don't ever have a run-in with some d-bag Barney Fife looking to enforce this idiotic rule, but if I do...whatever...I guess I'll just have a belligerent cussing match related to my basic self evident freedoms as an American. Y'all can probably get a crappy biased synopsis of the incident in the local paper.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/01/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

Correct on both things RCH! Can't even shoot a dang sling shot in Auburn. That's why I live in the Poka!

I may be part of the reason for that. When I was there we shot our bows day and night and had a tater cannon. Too big to call it a gun. It would shoot a golf ball clean out of sight. I don't think we ever killed anybody.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/02/15 12:39 PM

Yep, had them lock down the brakes and come chastise me about shooting mine behind the KA house. Didn't help I was on university property. Sportsmans Outpost is a great place to shoot, but it is pretty far out. You can throw a target in the truck and be in the national forest in about 10 minutes. Plenty of places to set one up there.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/02/15 04:27 PM

I don't get around to shooting too much since I live in Ridgewood. Don't care for sportsman's outpost after the last time we were there we paid for the 3d course, got out there started shooting and over half the targets were gone.
Posted By: GHTiger10

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/02/15 07:35 PM

Sportsman's outpost is a great place to shoot but as stated before it is a pretty good ways out of town. When they finish a tournament they pull half of their targets in and leave only ten targets out for non tournament shooting. They also have a small indoor range that's about twenty yards long. If you go out there ask for Randy, he's a great guy and knows his bows.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/02/15 08:01 PM

I heard that they don't have the video screen anymore, that true? It's probably been 4-5 years since I was out there last.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/03/15 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: odocoileus
I heard that they don't have the video screen anymore, that true? It's probably been 4-5 years since I was out there last.

Video is gone because it would not stay calibrated. Replaced with big styrofoam blocks. They do only shoot 10 targets for the weekly shoots.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/03/15 08:16 PM

Sportsman's outpost is going to host a 3D shoot on March 15th for anyone that's interested. It should be a good time and a good warmup before the ASA tournament the following week at Fort Benning.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/04/15 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

Where bouts you live out that way? I lived there for a little while during college. Had a hell of a lot more fun than we could have living in town.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/04/15 11:51 PM

Wow guess it's good I moved ! I lived in Camden ridge had a bow range behind my house, and kennel with two squirrel dogs one of which loved to tree the neighbors cat every time she got out. Their cat always came to our house to catch the squirrels off my feeder. If my Kur got out she was straight to their house and treed.

I remember seeing several targets in Camden ridge, and a lot of cops lived there as well. I never got a visit for the bow anyways but odd there were so many visible if it was illegal but I don't doubt it.

I will be glad when my house there sales don't any of you need a nice house in Camden ridge complete with illegal bow range do you?

And I concur on Randy at the outpost he is a super nice guy!
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/05/15 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Shotts
Wow guess it's good I moved ! I lived in Camden ridge had a bow range behind my house, and kennel with two squirrel dogs one of which loved to tree the neighbors cat every time she got out. Their cat always came to our house to catch the squirrels off my feeder. If my Kur got out she was straight to their house and treed.

I remember seeing several targets in Camden ridge, and a lot of cops lived there as well. I never got a visit for the bow anyways but odd there were so many visible if it was illegal but I don't doubt it.

I will be glad when my house there sales don't any of you need a nice house in Camden ridge complete with illegal bow range do you?

I hope you did the decent thing and shot the cat out to her

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/05/15 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Originally Posted By: Shotts

I hope you did the decent thing and shot the cat out to her

laugh laugh
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/05/15 06:00 PM

I currently live in Camden Ridge a detective lives 2 doors up from me we shoot during the summer in the cul-de-sac . Not saying won't get stopped but so far so good and that is a stupid law
Posted By: jweant

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/06/15 08:45 AM

I also did not know it was illegal to shoot in AU. I live down Richland Road, not far from you in Camden Ridge. we have several cops in our neighborhood, and have never had anything said to me when i shoot. Typically i'm shooting from my front yard into my back yard.

To the OP, I'd love to get together and shoot sometime. I just got into bow hunting back in the fall, so I need to shoot with some folks that could help me out some.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/14/15 10:14 AM

Just a reminder anyone interested in shooting Sportsman's outpost 3D course they are having a shoot tomorrow from 8 -2.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/14/15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jweant
I also did not know it was illegal to shoot in AU. I live down Richland Road, not far from you in Camden Ridge. we have several cops in our neighborhood, and have never had anything said to me when i shoot.

Lundy Chase?
Posted By: jweant

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/16/15 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: jweant
I also did not know it was illegal to shoot in AU. I live down Richland Road, not far from you in Camden Ridge. we have several cops in our neighborhood, and have never had anything said to me when i shoot.

Lundy Chase?

No, Cotswolds. You in Lundy Chase?

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/17/15 09:03 AM

Nah, but have friends that do. Damn I'd love to know what an APD officer makes, those houses are pricey.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/17/15 09:36 PM

Nah, but have friends that do. Damn I'd love to know what an APD officer makes, those houses are pricey.

Start - $27,300
Medium - $40,000
Experienced - $54,234
Not enough to be shot at or attacked when responding to domestic calls.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 03/20/15 11:18 AM

Those salaries are great reminders on just how much we owe our police officers, fireman, military personnel etc for putting their lives on the line for us daily. These folks do it because they love the job not because of the lure of the money.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 04/19/15 12:18 PM

Alright all you guys looking for a place to shoot in Auburn. Sportsman's Outpost is having their inaugural shoot Saturday April 25th. There will be door prizes, food and custom made belt buckles for the winners of each class. This is a great opportunity to come out and have a great time with the family and fellowship with other Bowhunters in and around the area. The course is being set up with ASA targets and rules and is always fun and challenging. Hope to see everyone there.

Re: Who shoots in auburn? - 04/21/15 06:18 AM

The shoot will be a shotgun start at 10 and at 1,
© 2024 ALDEER.COM