Aldeer.com

Nasty Muddy Water

Posted By: GomerPyle

Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 04:04 PM

what's y'alls go-to lures/methods for fishing water that is Chocolate Milk and has a crap ton of debris drifting around everywhere, particularly this time of year?

I have to fish when I can, so I can't always wait for perfect conditions. Went Saturday and the conditions were just that...nasty. The trolling motor was stirring up a cloud of stuff even well away from the bank in deep water. I was hoping it would clear up a lot by this coming weekend, but with all the storms expected tomorrow, I'm not hopeful.
Posted By: kyles

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 04:46 PM

Bass or crappie
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by kyles
Bass or crappie

for the sake of this discussion, both (not necessarily at the same time)
Posted By: Peach

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 05:52 PM

Ive had luck with spiinerbaits with gold spoons in those conditions. For crappie you may want to use something like a beetle spin that has some vibration.
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 06:17 PM

Maybe a good time for top water, or a chatterbait. Good luck,
Posted By: Clem

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 06:24 PM

For bass, a black-blue 1/2-oz jig, or maybe 3/4 dependng on current speed, around shoreline cover. If you have runoff in the back of pockets or high-water situations, IMO even better. They may be as close to the clearest water possible even if it still looks chitty to us.

With a lot of floating debris like you're talking about, the open hook baits can be tough to fish. Spinnerbaits and crankbaits will snag all that chit. If the water's muddy but clean - no or little debris - then maybe one of those two with some chartreuse, red, firetiger, etc.

Muddy water isn't always terrible, nor is high water. Cold muddy water sucks donkey taints, though.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 07:21 PM

Just go fish for Catfish....they turn on in stained water.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/07/24 08:15 PM

As i mentioned in the alabama river post dont overlook white in nasty murky waters. Also add some stank on your lure ( jj's magic) or whatever scent you prefer to use..
Posted By: hayman

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/08/24 01:02 AM

I go back home and do the stuff I really needed to be doing in the first place and wait for the water to get right.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/08/24 02:53 AM

Some of the biggest fish I've ever caught were in those conditions throw a war eagle 1/2 ounce spinner bait with the orange kicker blade
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/08/24 05:17 AM

I like my jugs in muddy water.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/08/24 01:34 PM

There is always clear water somewhere; I just go to it.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Nasty Muddy Water - 03/09/24 03:09 PM

For bass a big, black spinner bait with a colorado blade. Or large black/jlue jigs with scented trailer.

Crappie I like black beatlespins in chocolate water.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM