Aldeer.com

Killing fish with worms

Posted By: birdcarver

Killing fish with worms - 11/30/22 09:13 PM

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] This is a brushhog , fluke , speed craw, that was put in these bottles of water in 2017, It is unbelievable how they have swollen in time, in just couple months they were huge, this tells me that a lot of fish die after they swallow plastics, I have fileted lots of bass over the years and found worms in there belly that were swollen twice there size .
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Killing fish with worms - 11/30/22 09:48 PM

I found this link several years back...something you might find interesting, given your thread topic

What's wrong with this bass?
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Killing fish with worms - 11/30/22 09:53 PM

Can't barf them up huh.
Posted By: Showout

Re: Killing fish with worms - 11/30/22 09:59 PM

Wow. Never knew plastics did that.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Killing fish with worms - 11/30/22 11:31 PM

I have caught two bass that had a soft plastic stuck halfway out their butt.Pulled them out and released them. Pretty sure both would have died cause they were in there very tight.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/01/22 01:27 AM

Last spring my son caught a pretty good bass out of a pond. It had a shaky head 3/4 of the way out its butt. Hook was rusted out. I just eased it out
Posted By: EmeraldTides

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/01/22 07:59 PM

Wow. That's crazy. Had no idea they did that!
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/01/22 10:18 PM

Rubber worms were invented in the 50's. Why so long to see this ?

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/01/22 11:04 PM

I just started fishing in bottle water in 2017 and my luck was not much better rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: stoolshooter

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 12:36 AM

whowudhavthunkit
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 08:51 AM

I’ve seen them I know over 10yrs ago in several lakes floating at the banks edge all swollen up but I don’t know if I ever saw them before that. What would be interesting is put some older plastic worms and lizards in a bottle and see if they expand. I’d bet it’s due to a compound so the plastics would be more buoyant.

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 08:53 AM

Bird what was the reason you bottled those up in 2017? Research?

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 11:46 AM

I did not bottle them , a friend of mine did , had not visited him in long time , stopped by his shop and just happen to see them , did not ask why.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 02:25 PM

We kill them with plastics, hooks and whatever else fisherman use to catch them. Peta kills them with kindness!

So who decides who the bad guys are??
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 03:52 PM

It's them danged tournament fishermen what's killing all the bass!

[Linked Image]upload pictures

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 07:56 PM

Moral of the story put your discarded plastics in your boat and then discard them in the trashcan on land. Same with fishing line.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/02/22 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

It's them danged tournament fishermen what's killing all the bass!

[Linked Image]upload pictures

Well, at least those bass wont be dying from eating discarded plastic worms.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/04/22 11:33 PM

Did not know all this - interesting. Use to fish a lot and use to fish w brush hog or plastics lot

Nice tray of fish PCP
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Killing fish with worms - 12/05/22 02:09 PM

I heard this before. Yeah too have found them with plastics hanging out their rear end. Throats.

I wanna see a study on hooks. How long it takes to dissolve in their throats. I usually keep them to eat or use them for freezer cut bait if they swallow a hook and i can't get it out.

I rarely release one wondering if it's gonna die. I'd rather not take the chance on wasting it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM