Aldeer.com

Gas prices at the marina pumps!!!

Posted By: Peach

Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 06:35 PM

So my buddy just did a two day trip in his yellowfin with three other friends of mine. They burned 960 gallons of gas! I can’t imagine what that cost at the marina pumps in Venice.
Posted By: PYhunter

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 06:48 PM

I paid $6.70/gallon at Duskin Point on Smith last Sunday. I imagine it would be north of that in Venice.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 06:53 PM

A little over $5,600. I just left from a 2 day trip in Venice the first of June and it was around $5.65 at the marina.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 06:54 PM

FYI, our fuel bill was a little over $1,500. We were in a 36 foot Contender with twin 350's.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 07:01 PM

That's a lot of money for some fishing...I'm sure it'll decrease some boats on the water...I know we've booked a couple charters in the keys for the 4th and it's a lot higher than it was last year same time frame, all they can do is pass it along

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 07:23 PM

A 25ft cat hull with twin 4 stroke 90’s is looking pretty good right now.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Peach
So my buddy just did a two day trip in his yellowfin with three other friends of mine. They burned 960 gallons of gas! I can’t imagine what that cost at the marina pumps in Venice.

Ouch!! I hope the buddies split the fuel since he supplied the ride. I don't know where he keeps the boat but it probably wouldn't be cheap to get the boat to Venice for starters. This hunting and fishing thing is getting expensive. It must be killing the six pack capts. with twin diesels. I know they will pass it along, but they probably won't have as many takers.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 08:18 PM

Guys , sounds like a lot of fun but I'll stick with cats out of the river
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/16/22 08:32 PM

Im just gonna watch people hunt an fish on youtube this year
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/17/22 12:01 AM

Catfish dave🤪
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/17/22 12:11 AM

It’s double what it was last year, but I don’t know if I could afford it at $2.50/ gallon. That’s still $2400.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/17/22 04:46 AM

The boat my brother billfishes on holds 2,600 gallons of diesel and they take an extra 800 gallons in bladders. Haven’t heard exactly how much they burned in the Biloxi tournament yet
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/17/22 01:06 PM

The dock master at orange beach and I drink coffee just about every morning and said during the billfish tournament last weekend in Mississippi, he figured 73 boats burned around a million in fuel

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/17/22 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnG
The dock master at orange beach and I drink coffee just about every morning and said during the billfish tournament last weekend in Mississippi, he figured 73 boats burned around a million in fuel

That’s crazy!! I do know of one boat that burned 1400 gallons.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/18/22 12:36 AM

cranks every time and burns no fuel!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bmyers142

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/18/22 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by auburn17
The boat my brother billfishes on holds 2,600 gallons of diesel and they take an extra 800 gallons in bladders. Haven’t heard exactly how much they burned in the Biloxi tournament yet

DAMN
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/18/22 12:45 PM

Deep sea fishing has become a rich mans game.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/18/22 01:46 PM

3bailey3 is on to something... Let's call it 'shallow' sea fishing powered by a ham sandwich and gatoraide.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: GoldenEagle

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/19/22 12:15 AM

Rec 90 was 5.89 to 6.29 in the keys this week. Never saw the price for diesel. There were boars flying everywhere like the days of Trump. I would hate to foot the bill on some of the boats I saw last week.
Posted By: filespinner

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/19/22 11:28 AM

Its $6 to 6.50 per gallon at the marinas in OB for non ethanol
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/19/22 02:16 PM

/[Linked Image]

Took dad out for Fathers Day.

Thanks Dad

FJB
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/19/22 04:44 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/20/22 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bmyers142

Originally Posted by auburn17

DAMN

They have won that tournament 3 years in a row, so I’m sure that helps justify the cost.
Posted By: .308

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/20/22 09:11 AM

I have to hold my nose to fill my tin bass boat now. Gas prices have put me in my kayak on my local river to get my fishing fix. I couldn’t imagine….
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/20/22 09:47 PM

Hell with being on a kayak out in the Ocean. I'd be dizzy, head on a swivel and likely chit my pants. I've seen what's under there I've caught some massive sharks nearshore.. Hail No. And I ain't the timid type.

I'll gladly pay the gas to go that far out.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/21/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Hell with being on a kayak out in the Ocean.

I don't know the exact odds, but I think I have a much better chance being killed in an auto accident going to/coming from work everyday before I'd be killed by a shark fishing on a kayak off the beach. It's not for everybody, though, no doubt. One of the first times out there, I was accosted by a pod of Dolphin. 3 or 4 big ones and a couple of small ones got close to investigate me and the cigar minnows I was trolling. An 8-9 foot long mature dolphin swimming upside down 3 feet under the kayak waving at me with his front flipper was eerie and very cool all at the same time. You don't really understand how big those things are until you can reach out and touch them with your paddle.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/22/22 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by treemydog
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Hell with being on a kayak out in the Ocean.

I don't know the exact odds, but I think I have a much better chance being killed in an auto accident going to/coming from work everyday before I'd be killed by a shark fishing on a kayak off the beach. It's not for everybody, though, no doubt. One of the first times out there, I was accosted by a pod of Dolphin. 3 or 4 big ones and a couple of small ones got close to investigate me and the cigar minnows I was trolling. An 8-9 foot long mature dolphin swimming upside down 3 feet under the kayak waving at me with his front flipper was eerie and very cool all at the same time. You don't really understand how big those things are until you can reach out and touch them with your paddle.

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better I got in the water with a pod a little out from St. Andrew's state park and they would swim right up close enough to reach out and touch them. And I did. It was pretty cool.

I wasn't in the water another time but standing on the county pier at PCB when a 9 or 10 ft Hammerhead slowly swam within 10 yards of some swimmers and then passed underneath the pier. At first I thought it was just seaweed or a small tightly grouped school of fish. As it neared the pier I could see what it was. After it passed by I hollered at the swimmers and then walked down and met them on the beach and told them about it. I don't think I ever convinced them that I was telling the truth about it. It was before everyone had cellphones so I didn't have any pics to help convince them. The water couldn't have been more than about 7 or 8 feet deep where it passed the group because it was closer to shore than the midway point of the pier.

Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/22/22 11:58 AM

My 28' Dusky with a 5.9 Cummins gets 2.5 miles/gallon. I'm FISHUN!!!!
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/22/22 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by RCHRR
Deep sea fishing has become a rich mans game.

Yeah this. The marinas we used to launch out of have become rich man places with rack storage, wet slips that are more than a mortgage and condos and attached restaurants and crap. Glad we fished a lot back then cause refuse to spend that much $ now. Do a charter every once in a while. Have a friend who does a boat rental deal which is expensive too.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Gas prices at the marina pumps!!! - 06/27/22 04:30 PM

We fished the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic this wkend on my buddies 76’ Viking with 2800 gallons and another 750 bladdered on deck.

Lost our money fish on Friday. I did get a nice release on Saturday.

It’s definitely a rich man’s game and I’m not that man.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM